Accessory Trays

Buffalo_drummer

Reaction score
What is everyone using to hold IEM's, brushes etc.? I want something big enough to hold a few things but not too big. The British Drum Company Butler looks interesting but I'm not sure it's really that functional for actual percussion accessories. Thoughts?

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I have a couple but here’s one attached to my mic stand.
377696D4-9CE2-4BBA-87B4-0A307F1043A4.jpeg

Last edited:

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I use my bass pedal case, just put it right next to the floor tom. Holds my wallet, phone, etc... I have a stick bag on the same side attached to the floor tom for everything else.

TGStan

Reaction score
I thought it might be nice to have one of those. But, man! The commercially available options must be among the most overpriced pieces of equipment I’ve ever seen.

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I take my snare case, a Buzz King King Kong Kase, flip it on its side and use it as a coffee table. Drinks, drum keys, set list and spare sticks. I place it just to the left of my hi hats, works great. You can just see it it this picture.

CCF42B6A-DABC-4A43-87A3-18AE20B3FD1A.jpeg

paul

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've used a Peter Erskine Free Standing Stick Bag for years, starting when Yamaha made them. After my Yamaha version was stolen I bought the DW version, Erskine having changed endorsements in the meantime.

I also have a Rogers stick tray from the 60's, and a Japanese metal copy of the Rogers that I padded to reduce the noise.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Somehow when I posted the pic of my kit, my phone uploaded pictures I don’t want up there. Can a mod please delete Evenstephens post? I know he was just giving me a heads up.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Somehow when I posted the pic of my kit, my phone uploaded pictures I don’t want up there. Can a mod please delete Evenstephens post? I know he was just giving me a heads up.
On my phone at the moment but don't see them did we get it taken care of?

Buffalo_drummer

Reaction score
I've used a Peter Erskine Free Standing Stick Bag for years, starting when Yamaha made them. After my Yamaha version was stolen I bought the DW version, Erskine having changed endorsements in the meantime.

I also have a Rogers stick tray from the 60's, and a Japanese metal copy of the Rogers that I padded to reduce the noise.

I looked at this as well, how much bigger are these than a traditional bag? I have a Pelican case that I have my bd pedal and stick bag in that I use to put stuff on but I'd like something higher that I don't have to bend down all the time for.

High on Stress

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a square hard shell Enduro marching snare drum case. I use it to carry two snares to the gig. I leave the backup snare in the case and use the top of it to hold my stuff.

paul

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I looked at this as well, how much bigger are these than a traditional bag? I have a Pelican case that I have my bd pedal and stick bag in that I use to put stuff on but I'd like something higher that I don't have to bend down all the time for.
In travel mode the bag is 12" wide by 18" tall by 3.5" thick. Opened up at the gig the table top is 12" wide by 10" deep. I installed bumpers (lengths of drapery rope. very stylish) to keep implements from rolling off. It easily accommodates fairly heavy drinks, too, although I usually keep my drink on the floor.

As can be seen, I have my current pair of sticks, a single spare, four unused pair, two pair of different rods, a pair each of hard and soft mallets, a pair of brushes, Moon Gel, two sets of ear plugs, key, pencils, and a guiro striker. The tripod stand isn't pictured. It lets me raise the whole thing up to more than a foot if needed, and is quite stable.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

Buffalo_drummer

Reaction score
In travel mode the bag is 12" wide by 18" tall by 3.5" thick. Opened up at the gig the table top is 12" wide by 10" deep. I installed bumpers (lengths of drapery rope. very stylish) to keep implements from rolling off. It easily accommodates fairly heavy drinks, too, although I usually keep my drink on the floor.

As can be seen, I have my current pair of sticks, a single spare, four unused pair, two pair of different rods, a pair each of hard and soft mallets, a pair of brushes, Moon Gel, two sets of ear plugs, key, pencils, and a guiro striker. The tripod stand isn't pictured. It lets me raise the whole thing up to more than a foot if needed, and is quite stable.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, that's looks great. I'll look into these.

REF

Reaction score
Being a diehard DIYer ....

Tray stickbag 1.jpg

The tray is just made from a pc. of 2x6. It's attached to a cymbal stand via a small grounding wire clamp, and a 5/16" rod, which I use for splashes around the kit. One end is threaded and comes up into the tray and a wing nut holds it. The stick bag is just naugahyde standing up via some PVC.

Tray stickbag 2.jpg

Stickbag 3.jpg

That stick bag is on the other side of me holding various stuff.

Snare stickbag.jpg

Then I always have whatever sticks I am using in a pouch hanging in front of me off the snare.

Seat bag.jpg

Last but, not least, my mom sewed that for me 30 years ago. Just a seat cover for me made of a black towel and she took black face cloths and made pouches on each side for brushes, etc.

Latest posts