Acro Prices

gonzo

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow! Can’t believe how much Acros are going for! I know they are a good all-purpose snare, but good grief some of the prices these are going for is crazy! Used to be a $150 average drum-not any more!!!

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow! Can’t believe how much Acros are going for! I know they are a good all-purpose snare, but good grief some of the prices these are going for is crazy! Used to be a $150 average drum-not any more!!!
Ya I’ve seen a few over 300$ crazy to think these were once found at garage sales with case for 50$ lol

2000dan2000

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just sold a pointy corner 70's Acro is better than average shape last week on Reverb for $225 plus shipping... just as a recent reference point

HoorayGuy

Reaction score
I am too amazed at used drum prices. Crazy. Wish I had hoarded a bunch of drums years ago. lol

However, asking price may be quite different from what they actually get. ?

Reactions: egw

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
New drum prices have increased by an average of 10%, compared to this time last year, if I had to guess.
Yet, the used drum market remains depressed.

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
I got mine, a 71’ B/O badge in near mint condition for $100 about 15 years ago. The drum can do pretty much whatever you ask it to do.

jptrickster

DFO Star
Reaction score
Grabbed this ‘64 a couple weeks ago for $25 indoor salvage market. Brass hoops!
4D6E6ED3-0928-46F6-87A8-89D3D94B5866.jpeg
E673AFAE-2EDC-470F-8FC8-F7A0623FD944.jpeg
4693F1C3-F209-4733-AAD9-7E8F9798FDCC.jpeg
024DBB79-DC91-4D41-A827-CB1E0F3AC02F.jpeg

mebeatee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well what do you expect when folks thrust them into unobtainable land.....Acro this Acro that...blah blah.
Wait a few years and they won’t be the flavour of the month anymore (until the cycle complete’s itself) and ya can get ‘em cheap....
btw I scooped one....1976...a couple of years ago and was 200$ cdn..... I wasn’t looking for one per se....I just happened to be in my local music store and it found me....;)
bt

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'd take an Acro over an SLP Aluminum, but you can get the latter for $370 new. They sound pretty good and any drum that can handle Eloy Casagrande's pummeling for even one show must be built well.

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well what do you expect when folks thrust them into unobtainable land.....Acro this Acro that...blah blah.
Wait a few years and they won’t be the flavour of the month anymore (until the cycle complete’s itself) and ya can get ‘em cheap....
btw I scooped one....1976...a couple of years ago and was 200$ cdn..... I wasn’t looking for one per se....I just happened to be in my local music store and it found me....;)
bt
It’s honestly crazy they shot up in price. They’re all over every selling site out. Offer up, market place, reverb, music go round, etc…. Guess it would be different if there was only a certain amount made, but it’s very saturated with acros and blacros.

jptrickster

DFO Star
Reaction score
Would you say brass hoops look any different from steel ones? I remember there are different shapes of openings in the bottom hoops (snare gates) - do these correspond to the material in any way?
Yes. there are the drop gate style and those shown on my drum without the drop gate(similar to steel style hoops) The chrome is deeper and smoother looking on the Cob hoops than on its steel counterparts. The brass hoops ring like a bell

gonzo

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It’s honestly crazy they shot up in price. They’re all over every selling site out. Offer up, market place, reverb, music go round, etc…. Guess it would be different if there was only a certain amount made, but it’s very saturated with acros and blacros.
Exactly! The school market alone saturated the entire market. Not as if they are some huge valuable snare. Good drum? Yes. But at reasonable prices. I’ll wait till they come back down and the market comes to its senses

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Exactly! The school market alone saturated the entire market. Not as if they are some huge valuable snare. Good drum? Yes. But at reasonable prices. I’ll wait till they come back down and the market comes to its senses
And then not counting the rereleases