Acro Prices

JimmyM

Reaction score
Must...get...Acro...now...

Seriously, the only way I'm not getting a bog standard Acro is if I find a bog standard Supra or BB for less. Good luck with that but stranger things have been known to happen.

jptrickster

DFO Star
Reaction score
They just went up again
Beautiful kit. Ash Soan

B95F0C4E-DD92-420E-A114-F74E21A5C031.png

Last edited:

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
If you have an Acro that works great for you.....that's the only "price or value" comparison that really matters.
So many snares out there today (and from yesteryear) just don't cut it......at any price. The Acro has worked....and continues to work.

I liken the pricing of the common Acro to the 1909-s VDB Lincoln Cent which since the late 1950's has been the "key" coin in the series that
everyone has lusted to own.....even if they didn't collect the series. It's a timeless "key" date.....that is also pretty darn "common" vs its price. It's so available
that I'd bet 60-90% of ALL specimens in existence are held by dealers and speculators....not collectors. And by doing that, there is continual pricing pressure on an
otherwise pretty available coin. The Supra and the Acro are in that category of being considered "key" drums that just work so easily. And everyone has jumped on
that bandwagon. And those people aren't lowering their prices....they just keep raising. Collectors see that and eventually just give in and buy one before the next price increase.

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Acro prices don’t bother me because I don’t like them at all .

DrFrankCoco

Reaction score
Snatched one( mid 70's) from craigslist for $150 a couple months ago. I don't anticipate acros getting any cheaper. Between my canopus 6.5x14 aluminum and the acro I'm all set on AI snares, until the next one.