Acro Prices

JimmyM

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Must...get...Acro...now...

Seriously, the only way I'm not getting a bog standard Acro is if I find a bog standard Supra or BB for less. Good luck with that but stranger things have been known to happen.

jptrickster

DFO Star
Reaction score
They just went up again
Beautiful kit. Ash Soan

B95F0C4E-DD92-420E-A114-F74E21A5C031.png

Last edited:

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
If you have an Acro that works great for you.....that's the only "price or value" comparison that really matters.
So many snares out there today (and from yesteryear) just don't cut it......at any price. The Acro has worked....and continues to work.

I liken the pricing of the common Acro to the 1909-s VDB Lincoln Cent which since the late 1950's has been the "key" coin in the series that
everyone has lusted to own.....even if they didn't collect the series. It's a timeless "key" date.....that is also pretty darn "common" vs its price. It's so available
that I'd bet 60-90% of ALL specimens in existence are held by dealers and speculators....not collectors. And by doing that, there is continual pricing pressure on an
otherwise pretty available coin. The Supra and the Acro are in that category of being considered "key" drums that just work so easily. And everyone has jumped on
that bandwagon. And those people aren't lowering their prices....they just keep raising. Collectors see that and eventually just give in and buy one before the next price increase.

mydadisjr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Decent B/O badge ones are around for $200... guitar center has two right now.

Keystone... $300 for a clean one is not bad.

I got a super clean pointy badge B/O model recently for under $200.

Factoring in inflation, I think Acro prices are about right (if you look around a bit for a deal).

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here’s a insane priced one
And no it’s not gold plated

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here’s a insane priced one
And no it’s not gold plated

That will be available for awhile. I got a 67 supra in nicer shape than that a few months ago for a quarter of that price

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
luxury upgrade? +/- ?

pgirnunmuwz9yqbizbov.webp

"ya like me now?"

yhldh14c4y5huahwrheg.webp

I could be caught not dead with that..Sorta like what he did there. yes

"This was an Acrolite that had many scratches on its aluminum shell, which was then sanded with an ultra-fine grit, then professionally painted in an Antique White paint."

Last edited:

cruddola

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only bought them because they were cheap back in the late 60' and 70s. I had an Acro for Latin, Jazz, Rock, Cactus, Folk, etc. With spares already formulated to the genre. About a dozen in all. I sold a couple custom powder-coated and donated the others to an after-school music program. Every one of them but one. My first that came with my Slingerlands back in 1963. I wouldn't ever think to sink some dough in them today. Not happening. Bronze Beauty and a Phonic is more than enough for me. One dies, I have a spare.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
see if the inside is painted..

Nope
hcejwqvzwuhjatpz1l0b.webp

that was a pro job +/-

wraub

Reaction score
I just recently acquired a nice clean example of a Blacrolite 14x5, and it's every bit as good as I've long heard. It just works. Between that and the even more recently acquired Club Date SE 14x6.5, I'm good for now.

TomR

Reaction score
Used Acrolites were cheap for many years because they were fairly inexpensive new and they were plentiful. Too often Junior lost interest playing snare drum in school and his parents sold the drum. I don't know Ludwig's production numbers, but suspect the Acrolite is probably the most popular student model ever made. I'm glad I found a pristine '66 with case when prices were reasonable. $40-$60.

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Used Acrolites were cheap for many years because they were fairly inexpensive new and they were plentiful. Too often Junior lost interest playing snare drum in school and his parents sold the drum. I don't know Ludwig's production numbers, but suspect the Acrolite is probably the most popular student model ever made. I'm glad I found a pristine '66 with case when prices were reasonable. $40-$60.
The one I gig was my beginner band drum.

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
luxury upgrade? +/- ?

pgirnunmuwz9yqbizbov.webp

"ya like me now?"

yhldh14c4y5huahwrheg.webp

I could be caught not dead with that..Sorta like what he did there. yes

"This was an Acrolite that had many scratches on its aluminum shell, which was then sanded with an ultra-fine grit, then professionally painted in an Antique White paint."
I seen this and like it. White always looks classy on a snare drum