Adjusting beater angle on Pearl p900

drumdrum1234

Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I’m having trouble adjusting the beater angle on my pedal. Anyone know how to do it on this model?

Attachments

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The beater angle on the Pearl pedals is not truly an independent adjustment. You have to loosen the clamp at the top of the spring that holds on to the hex rod that holds the beater and cam. From there you have to adjust your pedal board back to a place you like, which may not be adjustable on the 900 series pedals. I have a pair of Eliminators and the pedal board adjustment is... not adequate if you ask me. I have been contemplating buying Tama adjustable beater cams and installing them on my Pearl pedals, but it will require disassembling the whole pedal to do, which is annoying.

Seb77

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I’m having trouble adjusting the beater angle on my pedal. Anyone know how to do it on this model?
Maybe you can unscrew the top spring connector and put it in a different position on the cam? Other than that, I don't see any adjustments.
On later models including the Eliminator you can loosen that part using a drumkey and rotate it to a different position. On earlier ones, even the pedal that came with late 80s Exports, you could slide the bottom sptring connectro back and forth

drumdrum1234

Reaction score
Maybe you can unscrew the top spring connector and put it in a different position on the cam? Other than that, I don't see any adjustments.
On later models including the Eliminator you can loosen that part using a drumkey and rotate it to a different position. On earlier ones, even the pedal that came with late 80s Exports, you could slide the bottom sptring connectro back and forth
That’s what I tried, but it’s shape won’t allow rotation of any kind.

Seb77

DFO Master
Reaction score
That’s what I tried, but it’s shape won’t allow rotation of any kind.
Maybe there are several holes in the spring cam? Take a look at the close-up of the Tama Camco here, you can unscrew the plastic roller and screw it back in at another position.