Advice on a CYMBAL purchase

SiGGY

Reaction score
Dear Members:
I’m looking to purchase a new Zildjian K Sweet Ride 21” Cymbal. I’d like some feed back on the best Music Store to make this purchase, along with the best customer service and most importantly, the best price too.
Please don’t send any recommendations for The Drum Closet Shop in Nashville.
I’ve had a lot of issues this past couple weeks trying to purchase this cymbal from them and finally had to say enough is enough.
It’s upsetting when you feel there’s no customer loyalty or appreciation and your getting the run around, especially since I just spent over $2000 dollars buying a new set of Classic Maple Ludwig’s and a Supraphonic LM402 Snare late last summer.
I’m not going to go into specifics or name calling, it won’t help and I’m moving on. But I’m very disappointed and will never go back!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx, Siggy

trommel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Chuck Levin's in the D.C. area. Great staff, great price.
Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center Instrument And Music Gear ...

https://www.chucklevins.com/

Family Owned And Operated Music Instrument Store In The Washington D.C. Area. Get Advice From Our Seasoned Experts And Get The Best Prices And ...
About
Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center is a family-owned and ...
Electric Guitars
Fender American Professional Jazzmaster Electric Guitar ...
Contact Us
Contact Us. Address. Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center ...
Used Gear
Yamaha YCL-255 Student B-Flat Clarinet (USED) $450.00 ...
History
The Man Himself - Chuck Levin Chuck Levin was an icon in the ...
Meet Our Experts
Pick a department to learn more about our experts and please ...
More results from chucklevins.com »

Great service, prices, and understanding of what you need. Best in person of course, but I've listened to cymbals over the phone, after giving a very exact description of what I wanted sound wise, brand, etc.
the next afternoon, they were in my car thanks to UPS. Best HH(15" New Beats) ever made. Exactly what I wanted(great solid chick sound, and when played like Ringo played his for that sizzling/washy/bright sound for which he was famous, perfection!). Been using since 1985 even though I was living in NC, AL, FL, NC & SC when I called them & got the deals done. The best!

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Memphis Drum shop. Great customer service and great selection.

jmato

Reaction score
Sweetwater has some of the best customer service I have ever encountered. Just had a great experience with them last week. Highly recommend.

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Worth getting in touch with forum member Murat - his shop Drummer's Hangout has fantastic service, and the way exchange rates are working (he's north of Toronto), you may end up saving yourself some coin, even with shipping!

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sweetwater has some of the best customer service I have ever encountered. Just had a great experience with them last week. Highly recommend.
Sweetwater is a neat place to visit too. We used to stop for lunch when we would go by there on trips. It is a destination stop or was a few years ago if you're near Ft Wayne

Last edited:

mcjaco

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'd never used them before this week. Bought a head I couldn't find anywhere else for the right price. Pretty nice. They called me to let me know they received the order, and it was packed, and it would ship the next day. Got a full catalog, some flyers, a sticker, and a baggie of candy (my kids were thrilled) when it arrived.

Latest posts