Advise on drum set for new student

Kwikrp

Reaction score
My daughter is 13yrs old. Just began drum lessons, have been told and noticed she may loose interest in just using practice pad. Was thinking of getting her a kit. Looking for something that will be good for some years. Don't want buy a kit for her to out grow in several months to year.
Have no knowledge of drums and was looking for advise on what to look for in a set? How to determine quality? Have looked into a used set but some look heavily used and would need some work or head replacements?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated

NYFrank

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Many to choose from. In a moment, an army of people will tell you to buy used. :)

Personally, I think it's very exciting to get a new kit. There are several low end options on the market that are actually very good values and will take a student far. My personal recommendation these days: Pearl Roadshow.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
I dont know where you are in Mass, but give these guys a call, Shane is the owner, but any one can help you. They may be and are probably the largest (physically) drum shop in the world.
They have everything, modest priced kits, used kits when available, cymbals etc. and no tax.

https://www.drumcenternh.com

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
the music go round in Natick usually has a few intro kits ...but also some good pro level tubs. IMO...if you guy a pro level kit (used)...she won't out grow it and you should be able to sell it if her interest wanes...and get your money back.

Come to think of it...I was just thinking of selling some fiberglass drums I have...and maybe a walburg and auge kit (Shane also has one of mine on consignment).

dtk

Latest posts