Air Drummers How Many Toms?

Barden

Reaction score
but can you rationalize buying a new kit after selling your air drums?!?!? Think of the storage space that frees up! 42 toms!

I haven't been able to get add ons to match the finish of my original kit so it's rather small. Plus it keeps the weight down. I carry it everywhere, you know?

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
have to say my Air kit has the Ride cymbal bell I can only dream of on my Real kit.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
in fact if it weren't for my Air kit I'd have no clue what I'd want on my real kit..

pjmariner

Reaction score
My new car doesn't have a drivers footrest which makes playing the bass drum with my left foot while my right is on the accelerator pedal quite awkward :(.

My air drum kit just has three across the front and two floors like my acoustic kit, it's what I'm used to.
I literally wouldn't buy a car without a dead pedal on the left for same reason. 99% of my left foot independence and coordination has come from playing left footed bassdrum in the car. lol. That and I find a dead pedal far more comfortable then one foot fat and one on accelerator, seems soooo weird to not have one once you are used to using it.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
when I got my Air kit in 73 I never thought on reverb ebay anywhere, I 'd never see another one like it.
But nope. Haven't.

TPC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have air toms for 6 up and 2 down, but only have 3 air stands, so I have to 3 up and 2 down. Bums me out when I hear Fly By Night on the radio.

JonnyFranchi$e

Reaction score
If you can't play In The Air Tonight on it then there's not enough toms.
First thing I did what I saw the post title: The fill for In the Air Tonight.

But seriously, for me it totally depends on the gig. I'm not bringing my 8 piece to a little jazz trio gig. And NO WAY I'm playing a Journey tribute with my bop kit. As an experienced air drummer, I bring the right tools for the job at hand.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m saving for the new A&F air drums....
Watch out for those ugly air welds though... At the air price these go for, it's a real shame if you ask me.

Post a pic here when you get them, I'm pretty sure that just a blank space with A&F in the title could still spark a 25 pages long bash-fest...

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I know is my Air drums are , solid white lacquer, double headed Gretsch, traditional depths and on loan from Billy Cobham.

mebeatee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A couple of questions for you ADrz out there....
How do you folks clean your cymbals?
Ported or non ported on BD?
Sometimes I keep it to 17 tom toms when I feel like jamming along properly to Polynesian Nightmare...
bt

This just in....just thought of another "beef".....has anyone noticed the lack of quality control in the new whackem 10,000 sticks? I just had a great session relearning Mustang Sally but had a heck of a time....after the count in the sticks would just break or go flying out of my hand....as if in protest.....wtf????
This issue is giving my AD "ADD".....air drumming doldrums......urgh.....

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A couple of questions for you ADrz out there....
How do you folks clean your cymbals?
Ported or non ported on BD?
Sometimes I keep it to 17 tom toms when I feel like jamming along properly to Polynesian Nightmare...
bt

This just in....just thought of another "beef".....has anyone noticed the lack of quality control in the new whackem 10,000 sticks? I just had a great session relearning Mustang Sally but had a heck of a time....after the count in the sticks would just break or go flying out of my hand....as if in protest.....wtf????
This issue is giving my AD "ADD".....air drumming doldrums......urgh.....
I have air Colorsounds, so I use an air dusting spray on mine. I went for the Ahead air sticks with replaceable air sleeves. Gotta watch the tips. Glue those suckers on or you’ll poke holes in the heads. I put 17 loads of laundry in my air bass drums.