AK Drums

DonS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with Adrian Kirchler's AK Drums in Italy?? I've been searching for a 20's era Leedy Butt Plate and he lists a repro. He evidently makes quite a number of repro vintage parts, anyone have experience with his parts?? Thanks
Regards
DonS

Reaction score
I own three drums Adrian's made or worked on. His parts, and workmanship, are superb.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Isn't the Leedy butt the same as the Ludwig and Ludwig '20s and '30s ones?
Those are pretty common.
There was one on ebay that was being sold by the seller selling Cherie's stuff that had one in gold.

Rich

Mark

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Adrian Kirchler is top notch. He's been restoring a 1930's Leedy Black Elite for me and I can't wait to see it. The drum was stripped down to brass, so he re-plated it in aged black nickel, allowing the gold engraving to show through, added a gold finish to the hoops and lugs and made a new strainer from scratch. He has made three point strainers, Leedy Professional strainers and some DuAll parts for me in the past and they are dead on replicas. His work is superior and he's a great guy, as well. I highly recommend him.

DonS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied, I'll be getting the part based on all your positive remarks. I've found so far the Slingerland and Ludwig plates have a 1/8th in wider hole spacing.
Regards
DonS

curotto

DFO Master
Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with Adrian Kirchler's AK Drums in Italy?? I've been searching for a 20's era Leedy Butt Plate and he lists a repro. He evidently makes quite a number of repro vintage parts, anyone have experience with his parts?? Thanks
Regards
DonS
AK has done some amazing shell restorations for me, he is worth his weight in gold!

Mike Curotto