Alesis DM10 Should I repair?

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Got with some other stuff an Alesis DM10 Studio set. Not the mesh head version. Have little interest in keeping it. Everything works except the bass drum pad. I've gleaned this is common. I disassembled and can see that the wires have come loose from the pickup and I don't have the knowledge to reattach them.
Should I spend money to replace this and sell the set as complete and working or do you think I'll be able to sell it as is with an explanation?
Think it will sell to someone who may want the brain and/or parts?
Not looking to get too involved with this.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the level of interest is for used Alesis kits or components in your area. However, I went through a similar thing last summer when I decided to get rid of all my Roland e-drum gear after returning to acoustic drums. I decided to sell everything individually (on CL) rather than as a kit. This turned out to be a good strategy because there were people who were looking for specific components. One guy wanted the hi-hat pads. Another guy wanted just the ride cymbal. Someone else wanted the module for a back up because his LED display was faded. It was a bit of a pain having to arrange for different buyers to come over but I ended up selling everything in 4 days. I think it would've taken a lot longer to sell it as a complete kit. The other thing that helped was pricing everything reasonably, taking good photos, and being up front about any problems.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the level of interest is for used Alesis kits or components in your area. However, I went through a similar thing last summer when I decided to get rid of all my Roland e-drum gear after returning to acoustic drums. I decided to sell everything individually (on CL) rather than as a kit. This turned out to be a good strategy because there were people who were looking for specific components. One guy wanted the hi-hat pads. Another guy wanted just the ride cymbal. Someone else wanted the module for a back up because his LED display was faded. It was a bit of a pain having to arrange for different buyers to come over but I ended up selling everything in 4 days. I think it would've taken a lot longer to sell it as a complete kit. The other thing that helped was pricing everything reasonably, taking good photos, and being up front about any problems.
Thanks!! My local market (Savannah, GA) is tough for drum sales, but I usually price things cheaply and they move. Thanks for the advice. Will lean in that direction.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I also tend to price things cheaply. That worked to my advantage because two buyers came over looking for a particular item and ended up buying additional components when they realized I had priced everything to move quickly. I wish you well with your sale.

Latest posts