Alesis Strike Pro Special Edition

Wealthy&Healthy

Reaction score
Has anyone bought the Strike Pro Special Edition? How is it? Is it better quality than the normal Strike Pro? I know the original hi hat was poor quality but did the original Strike Pro have any other issues? Have they been fixed it improved in the Special Edition?

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The original Strike was plagued with problems getting the hi-hat dialed in. The new Strike Pro SE has gone to a single-pad hi-hat controller, similar to the Roland VH-11. On the bright side, at least Alesis is recognizing they had a problem with the previous version and are making an attempt to improve it with the SE. Personally, I would hold off buying this kit until you can be assured that the new hi-hat will work well over time. The module is basically unchanged, except for adding a few more kits. The major complaint I've heard about the module is the slow load time when changing kits. This may or may not be an issue depending on your needs. In addition to the larger bass drum pad, the heads on the toms and snare are different (white instead of black, and a bit thicker).

Wealthy&Healthy

Reaction score
The original Strike was plagued with problems getting the hi-hat dialed in. The new Strike Pro SE has gone to a single-pad hi-hat controller, similar to the Roland VH-11. On the bright side, at least Alesis is recognizing they had a problem with the previous version and are making an attempt to improve it with the SE. Personally, I would hold off buying this kit until you can be assured that the new hi-hat will work well over time. The module is basically unchanged, except for adding a few more kits. The major complaint I've heard about the module is the slow load time when changing kits. This may or may not be an issue depending on your needs. In addition to the larger bass drum pad, the heads on the toms and snare are different (white instead of black, and a bit thicker).
Drumming is a hobby so I don't really care if it takes awhile to load. Someone else who's owned the original Strike Pro for 2 years said they've had basically no issues. I was planning on waiting a few months anyway to see the reviews. I just don't want them to crumble after a year of use.

Latest posts