header.nohb.html

Alex and Geddy with Matt Stone on drums

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
Reuniting RUSH ain't gonna happen. Alex and Geddy have both said so numerous times.
They don't need to anyway. Both are financially secure.
Both can do whatever they want for the fun of it.
RUSH played their last concert August 1, 2015.

Last edited:

JimmyM

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who thinks reuniting Rush would be both pointless and disrespectful to Neil Peart's legacy.

Especially if you nominate the guy who plays Mr. Roboto every night. Ugh.
You’re certainly not the only one, but I don’t agree even a little. Nothing disrespectful about wanting to play music with your friends, nothing particularly honorable about breaking up because one of your friends in your band dies, at least to me. On the other hand, it won’t bother me either way. They’re senior citizens now, and they owe nothing to anyone. And I’m sure tickets will cost so much that I’d never go anyway.

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
You’re certainly not the only one, but I don’t agree even a little. Nothing disrespectful about wanting to play music with your friends, nothing particularly honorable about breaking up because one of your friends in your band dies, at least to me. On the other hand, it won’t bother me either way. They’re senior citizens now, and they owe nothing to anyone. And I’m sure tickets will cost so much that I’d never go anyway.
They did not break up because Neil died. They broke up before that, after their last concert in 2015.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alex and Geddy know that without Neil it just wouldn’t be right .
No way no how and with no one …
I don’t think any drummer in his right mind would take such a gig anyway …

One look at all the drama replacing Mike Portnoy caused is enough to squelch that idea ….

And Mike Portnoy isn’t even in the same galaxy as Neil ……

The internet might even explode !!!

JimmyM

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They did not break up because Neil died. They broke up before that, after their last concert in 2015.
Neil was sick before the last tour. He didn’t even want to do that, but did it for the other two. And they always had hope of doing future things till Neil died.

Alex and Geddy know that without Neil it just wouldn’t be right .
No way no how and with no one …
I don’t think any drummer in his right mind would take such a gig anyway …

One look at all the drama replacing Mike Portnoy caused is enough to squelch that idea ….

And Mike Portnoy isn’t even in the same galaxy as Neil ……

The internet might even explode !!!
Some of the fans get way more emotionally involved than is healthy. Hell, even The Beatles reunited without John, if only for recording two of John’s suckier songs ;) Why they didn’t bust out the good stuff like Serve Yourself, I’ll never know.

But I digress. At the end of the day, I just don’t see it as one of the world’s pressing issues if Rush gets back together without Neil. True, they don’t need the money, but it was very clear in that clip that they loved playing together. Would be a shame if it’s the last thing they do together, especially after Les gave possibly the most annoying speech ever sucking their asses ;)

dje31

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I missed that Rush / Primus tour ( Roll the Bones? ) for reasons I can neither recall nor explain. I was a hugely into Primus at the time, while my Rush interest was waning.

Rush had a penchant for interesting pairings when they used warm-up acts. Can you say "Marillion"? Another tour I missed, sadly.

Too bad there's not a DVD of it out there somewhere. I'd buy one.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed that Rush / Primus tour ( Roll the Bones? ) for reasons I can neither recall nor explain. I was a hugely into Primus at the time, while my Rush interest was waning.

Rush had a penchant for interesting pairings when they used warm-up acts. Can you say "Marillion"? Another tour I missed, sadly.

Too bad there's not a DVD of it out there somewhere. I'd buy one.
Marillion would have been epic …