Alex Lifeson new single.

Polska

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to hearing the whole disc. Absolutely love the fact that it doesn't sound like Rush or even Lifeson, and I'm a huge Rush fan. I've always thought someone's side/solo projects work best when they express a completely different side of a person.

What It Is

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liked and look forward to hearing the rest of the album. Artists create and I like that he's changing lanes and daring to go in new directions. Not an easy task , but a brave one.

notINtheband

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I ignored this post a dozen times because I had heard an earlier release from Alex and I didn’t really care for it.
Finally gave this a listen.
It really had nothing to do with Rush other than the Alex connection. I’m a Rush fanatic.
But I am also a fan of all Maynard’s bands, Puscifer being the least of those, below Tool and APC.
But this, I’m digging this!!
Love that it sounds nothing like Rush and nothing like his earlier release that I can’t even remember, just that I didn’t care for it.
This is excellent.
Way to go Alex!

drumaniac

DFO Star
Reaction score
Andy Curran on bass, he played with Coney Hatch another local band.
Producer is Alfio Annibalini who produced I Mother Earth, Our Lady Peace and The Tea Party. I hear a little of The Tea Party in this track.

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I finally heard guitar near the end. I heard drums not at all, but it's an OK song. Kind of sounds like it could be a cover of a Depeche Mode b-side or something.

dsop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Cool. I worked with Andy Curran (bassist) back in the 80s/90s. I wonder why they didn't use real drums though.

Furious Styles

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
notINtheband said:
I ignored this post a dozen times because I had heard an earlier release from Alex and I didn’t really care for it.

But this, I’m digging this!!

Way to go Alex!
Same here. Pleasantly surprised.

gmiller598

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm cool with the fact it doesn't sound like Rush. It just doesn't have any feel to it. Very mechanical on my first impression.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Cool. I worked with Andy Curran (bassist) back in the 80s/90s. I wonder why they didn't use real drums though.
If they play out they will probably hire a drummer. Probably just easier with one less person during recording process. Or maybe Alex isn't ready to work with another drummer yet.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Young lady that sings on the album.

Last edited:

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they play out they will probably hire a drummer. Probably just easier with one less person during recording process. Or maybe Alex isn't ready to work with another drummer yet.
I thought Alex already did a bunch of stuff with Minnemann.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad he's doing what he wants and moving forward.

However, the track did nothing for me.