header.nohb.html

Aliens

dingaling

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Aliens come down and take you away forever, they say you can only take a suitcase of clothes and 1 kit with 1 bass and 2 toms, 1 ride, 1 crash, and 1 set of hats with supporting hardware (and some sticks). If you don’t already own it they will buy it for you to take with.

What kit and cymbals do you take?

I’m gonna have to say I’m taking my champagne sparkle 60’s Ludwig clubdates 12/14/20, a Ludwig black beauty 6.5 snare, a thin 24” 60’s Zildjian A ride, a 17 zildjian K crash, and Istanbul Agop 15” signature hats.

I’m on the edge of taking my sonor phonics but I think the aliens will appreciate the champagne sparkle kit.

yetanotherdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
vintage-alien-beatles-band-zetales_1_1e08dc26afdc01575d8345a2658d226a.jpg

paul

DFO Master
Reaction score
If I can't take at least four toms I'm not going. Also, I want them to prove that I won't run out of sticks and brushes. It's a long way to the drum shop from Antares.

Tornado

DFO Star
Reaction score
I've been watching every episode of The X-Files from season one, and I'm on season 7 now. This subject is near and dear to me.

I'm going to give all my stuff away (to poor disadvantaged orphans, of course) and have them buy me a walnut Craviato kit. 22/16/13. I'll hand select all K Constantinople cymbals 22" medium thin low ride, 20" crash, and 15" hats. 5x14 Black Beauty snare.

Then I will have them implant the latest drumming talent microchip, which will instantly give me the ability to play like Brian Blade or Vinnie depending on how I feel that day.

Polska

DFO Master
Reaction score
No way any intelligent life form is going to allow anyone to bang around on a drum set inside of a giant tin can until they reach their home planet. Suggest a set of V drums for the trip and Cravs once you land.

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
If I can't take at least four toms I'm not going. Also, I want them to prove that I won't run out of sticks and brushes. It's a long way to the drum shop from Antares.

Ha ha, I immediately thought of Bandit... two toms only, na, not going to happen..

Me personally, if it was Antares... I wouldn't go. If it hasn't already, it's due to Super Nova.

Otherwise, my current four piece kit and cymbals would be fine... I sound like me, no matter what I play.

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
Hahaha...some of you say "if I can't take 'whatever' I won't go". Dude, you're being abducted and they're being nice. Pick something!
Me? I'll take anything. As long as I get to practice.

Though, this is just another way of asking, what are your favorite drums, cymbals.

Last edited:

dingaling

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hahaha...some of say "if I can't take 'whatever' I won't go". Dude, you're being abducted and they're being nice. Pick something!
Yea, I would assume if aliens came to get you it wouldn’t be a choice to go with.

Last edited:

JonnyFranchi$e

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like my new INDe drums a lot.

I would get a 14 FT though. 18, 12, 14. That kit sounds most like "me"...

When it comes to cymbals that's where I start kicking. Come on, alien abductors... ONE set of hi hats forever?

What are we, animals?

Look I'm taking one cymbal bag and I'm loading that sucker to the breaking point.

But if forced...

Zildjian As all the way. Basic, they sound great and work for any gig I might get in space.

60s A 800gr bottom with hollow logo made in Canada top 1050gr (a beautiful combo).

My 90s A medium ride 20" and my 18" mini cup. They both can ride and crash and sound great very versatile.

I'm a cheeseburger guy I guess, not a filet mignon guy. I like really good cheeseburgers, but they're still cheeseburgers.

There's never a time when a cheeseburger isn't awesome. But it's still never a fancy expensive taste. It's a cheeseburger.

Next question: ask me what meal I would take with me to eat in outer space forever...

Blue Zurich

Reaction score
Hahaha...some of you say "if I can't take 'whatever' I won't go". Dude, you're being abducted and they're being nice. Pick something!

Though, this is just another way of asking, what are your favorite drums, cymbals.
Not understanding the assignment does not make you a Rebel guys.