All Things Must Pass 50th Remaster Clean Drums

richardh253

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be late to the game but just came across this, preview of what’s supposed to be forthcoming remix of entire classic. It sounds like a new record, and the drums that were muddy are so clear....I know Keltner and Ringo both played on the LP but this track sure sounds like classic Ringo

5stroke

Reaction score
It sure does sound like Ringo and of course, sounds great.

Wikipedia has Jim Gordon (not Jim Keltner) and Ringo as the 2 drummers, along with Ginger Baker on 1 song.

richardh253

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sure does sound like Ringo and of course, sounds great.

Wikipedia has Jim Gordon (not Jim Keltner) and Ringo as the 2 drummers, along with Ginger Baker on 1 song.
Ginger Baker is on one of those interminable jams on disc 3, yes. I checked the original LP, it lists Ringo, Alan White and Jim Gordon, my mistake - although does not break out who is on which song and both played on some songs. But that has to be Ringo on this one remix they have released thus far.

It is Keltner not Gordon in the Concert for Bangladesh LP & film .

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
But that has to be Ringo on this one remix they have released thus far.
I'm not sure about that one; ) I listen where and how he started the (few) fills in there, and it's almost a more studied (standard) drummer none of the the quirks (left hand pause start on fill) frankly I thought it could be Keltner but then saw the wiki and...it being Gordon almost doesn't seem right either.. so back to square 1.2 it's a mystery unless credits come with the new release (??

richardh253

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about that one; ) I listen where and how he started the (few) fills in there, and it's almost a more studied (standard) drummer none of the the quirks (left hand pause start on fill) frankly I thought it could be Keltner but then saw the wiki and...it being Gordon almost doesn't seem right either.. so back to square 1.2 it's a mystery unless credits come with the new release (??
for what they are likely to charge for the 50th re-release I hope they include notes!

Reactions: JDA