All time favorite drummer and why- you can only pick one!!

gmiller598

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Stanton Moore.

I love the feel, groove and energy he plays with. He has a solid rudimental background like me based on his teacher growing up that you can see in his sticking patterns he uses around the drums but add that New Orleans swing and you've got a monster player.

classicgrooves

Reaction score
Stewart Copeland — I love his signature sound. His snare tone is instantly recognizable, as is his hi hat technique. He places accents in unexpected places that propel even the simplest groove into explosive yet musical compositions. Seems like no matter how well I think I know The Police, I always find Stewart’s drumming fresh and inspiring. After listening to Stewart, Sting, and Andy, I can always find some new nuance in Copeland’s drumming that I want to try to incorporate into my playing.

311Club

Reaction score
Gary Burke of Joe Jackson fame. His groove, feel and sound just spoke to me at a young age and continue to do so.

Reactions: kip

stevesmithfan

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Steve Smith. When I was a teenager Steve would come to my hometown (Phoenix Az) and do drum clinics regularly in between Journey gigs recording sessions etc. He left a good impression on me as a young man, from his versatility, his sound, Sonor drums and tuning.
My SQ2 kit is very similar to Steve’s.