Allan Schwartzberg NYC Sessions

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
He must be up in age if he played on "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" haha, I've seen his name on stuff for decades but never knew much about his career.

5stroke

Reaction score
Loved the interview- thanks for posting.

stevesmithfan

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I can’t watch the video because the interviewer appears to not have a neck. I mean no disrespect, I’m not making fun of him.
Certain things distract me because of my Attention Deficit Disorder!
Carry on lads.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Allan more or less agrees it wasn't a good thing

T_Weaves

Reaction score
He did a Japan tour with Mountain as well. It's one of their live albums. He also played on a fair amount projects that Bob Ezrin produced.

Mackermanesq

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
He was the band leader on Geraldo Rivera's short lived late night talk show on ABC. He also filled in on the Letterman show from time to time

JimmyM

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
He was the band leader on Geraldo Rivera's short lived late night talk show on ABC. He also filled in on the Letterman show from time to time
I remember Dave really threw him once...Allan was guesting on percussion for a musical guest while Anton Zip played the drums, Paul has him play the whole show, Dave walks out and says to Allan, "What the hell are you doing here?" and Allan's face just fell. Dave felt so bad he actually apologized to him on-air.

squidart

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not mean, just truthful......the albums got panned when released. He was no Mitch Mitchell.
In defence of Allan, the "butchering" in question was at the behest of Alan Douglas, head butcher. He just farmed out the dirty work. I don't think I would have taken that gig but then again, l've done some truly questionable work when a paycheck was dangled and my kids needed school clothes.
Edited for spelling.

Reaction score
In defence of Allan, the "butchering" in question was at the behest of Alan Douglas, head butcher. He just farmed out the dirty work. I don't think I would have taken that gig but then again, l've done some truly questionable work when a paycheck was dangled and my kids needed school clothes.
Edited for spelling.

You are correct. I didn't give "credit" where credit is due. Alan Douglas is the culprit on those releases.

JimmyM

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You are correct. I didn't give "credit" where credit is due. Alan Douglas is the culprit on those releases.
Yep, the musicians on that album all had nice careers and did their things as well as anyone in the business. I just don't think Alan Douglas got rock and roll.

I remember after Hendrix died some of the later albums became harder to find. The titles for two of the records being referenced here
are "Crash Landing" and maybe "Midnight Lightining". I never heard them and had zero interest in hearing them.
I've heard them and Bun E is right. Unfinished outtakes with studio musicians playing too stiffly and slickly on top. Any songs on those albums worth a crap can be heard on live recordings and sound way better.