Allow me to brag about my band for a second

drichardbailey

Reaction score

I was feeling a little dark, missing all my guys, so I'm watching footage of old appearances we've done.

You have no idea the feeling of driving a band this good. I'm lucky to get to play with a team full of badasses. Just feeling really guilty about how I felt on our last tour. It was near the end, everyone was over it, everyone needed a break.

I swear I'll never take getting to do this for granted again.

scaramanga

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Dude. Wait. What? Months ago when I saw that set I was profoundly moved. It's an honor to respond to your post. Kudos on your excellence, and choice of bandmates!

PS God that guy can sing.
PPS And duh your drumming is perfect, phenomenal.

Last edited:

drichardbailey

Reaction score
This one was fun:
Meredith in Australia! I remember that show, only because boss man has a guitar toss in the show and didn't recognize that the roof of the stage is pitched. Dude threw a martin (a cheap budget one, don't be bummed) like he always does to our guitar tech and it hit the lighting truss and kind of exploded. I wonder if anyone caught it on video. I'm sure it looked incredible.

Browny

Reaction score
Meredith in Australia! I remember that show, only because boss man has a guitar toss in the show and didn't recognize that the roof of the stage is pitched. Dude threw a martin (a cheap budget one, don't be bummed) like he always does to our guitar tech and it hit the lighting truss and kind of exploded. I wonder if anyone caught it on video. I'm sure it looked incredible.
Damn... I wish I saw that. I don't remember seeing it happen.

Plenty of boots up for you guys too.

drichardbailey

Reaction score
Damn... I wish I saw that. I don't remember seeing it happen.

Plenty of boots up for you guys too.
I'm going to have to look for it, it was on "nothing good ever happens at the thirsty crow" probably halfway through the set.

Oh right, thats where they do the boots thing. Man I got to get back to Australia.

Browny

Reaction score
I'm going to have to look for it, it was on "nothing good ever happens at the thirsty crow" probably halfway through the set.

Oh right, thats where they do the boots thing. Man I got to get back to Australia.
Yeah mate, definitely get back this way after this whole thing has blown over and we've opened our borders again.... whenever that is.

The boots are just at Meredith and the sister festival on the same site, Golden Plains. A very particular thing, seen as the ultimate sign of respect to a band. Bands from other parts of the country have normally heard about it but it really weirds out international acts.

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

I was feeling a little dark, missing all my guys, so I'm watching footage of old appearances we've done.

You have no idea the feeling of driving a band this good. I'm lucky to get to play with a team full of badasses. Just feeling really guilty about how I felt on our last tour. It was near the end, everyone was over it, everyone needed a break.

I swear I'll never take getting to do this for granted again.
This is one of my favorite shows of FJM on the web. Your band always kills.

Topsy Turvy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Do I spy a Camco in this last clip?

Richard, are you no longer playing Tama? When I saw you with FJM, you were using a Q drum set, which sounded fantastic.

drichardbailey

Reaction score
Do I spy a Camco in this last clip?

Richard, are you no longer playing Tama? When I saw you with FJM, you were using a Q drum set, which sounded fantastic.
I was with Tama from 2014-2017, I left when both the reps left for other jobs. Just been free agenting it since.

I have played some camcos with Misty, but not on either of those. Those are both the natural Tama star walnut kit.

Topsy Turvy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was with Tama from 2014-2017, I left when both the reps left for other jobs. Just been free agenting it since.

I have played some camcos with Misty, but not on either of those. Those are both the natural Tama star walnut kit.
Ah, got ya. Thank you for the explanation.