Alter Bridge new album Walk the Sky.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yeah, they definitely have those modern production qualities that give them that "modern syndicated corporate rock radio" sound that I'm sick to death of. But Myles Kennedy is so good, I think that makes them stand out.
Mark Tremonti is also a fantastic guitar player.

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Live, listen to them live.
Funny how they fill Wembley, then come home and tour 500-1000 person clubs.

Great band, my favorite "rock band" But yeah I can understand that sound some of you all notice.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Talented singer? Yes--in tune and has range. But something in its timbre is really off-putting to me.
He is very well known among the rock community for having a fantastic voice. Slash sought him out for his solo stuff. Even Led Zeppelin when they were thinking of making a comeback had him in mind for the tryouts.

Tracktuary

Reaction score
He is very well known among the rock community for having a fantastic voice. Slash sought him out for his solo stuff. Even Led Zeppelin when they were thinking of making a comeback had him in mind for the tryouts.
It's just a style thing for me I guess. Axel Rose's voice is off-putting in same fashion. He's actually the guy I thought of when I first heard Myles.

I can't say the vocals are my favorite part of Zepplin either.

People clearly dig that "sound." It just doesn't jive with my biology.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
It's just a style thing for me I guess. Axel Rose's voice is off-putting in same fashion. He's actually the guy I thought of when I first heard Myles.

I can't say the vocals are my favorite part of Zepplin either.

People clearly dig that "sound." It just doesn't jive with my biology.
Please don’t compare him to Axel Rose. I can’t stand Axel. :)

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Please understand that when you recommend a new band, there are plenty of people who only enjoy music that's familiar. They're just not inclined to like anything that hasn't been on constant classic rock radio rotation for a few decades.

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Mark Tremonti is also a fantastic guitar player.
Yes, he is. They are a damn good band. But I can see how some people's ears are "fatigued" by a certain "aesthetic" that seems to be so ubiquitous today.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I dig them. What kind of kit is that?Didn’t he play Premier with Creed?

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Blackbird
Well if you don't dig Blackbird, then I guess you really don't like them. The song Blackbird is considered one of their best. It is probably one of the best songs I have ever heard.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
I dig them. What kind of kit is that?Didn’t he play Premier with Creed?
Glad to hear that. :) He has been with DW since 2009. Yes he was with Premier before that. The more I watch him, the more I respect his drumming.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm sure the players are all top notch players. I just don't like the music that they put together as a group. Alrighty, everyone have a great day!
Nothing wrong with that buddy. Have a great day.

Latest posts