Alternate rivets

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had great luck taping buffalo head nickels to a medium crash so I thought I'd try my luck with a heavy ride. Drilled eight holes in a 20" Paiste heavy band cymbal. That didn't give me the ability ride it with brushes so, using these odd brass connector strips I started doubling the rivets and I have a nice brush ride: high pitched, short sizzle.

With the screw rivets I can add other non traditional rivets. I may drill holes in buffalo head nickels (actual nickel, unlike modern zinc "nickels" and attach them with the screw rivets.

What have others found to be successful?
P1030481.JPG

Morello Man

Reaction score
It’d be interesting - with all the photos of snares - to have photo/discussion of cymbals with rivets; weren’t the Chinese many drummers from, say, the 20’s, were riding on the first common sizzle as well as the first ride cymbal? I dig any and all cymbals with rivets; very creative as well as musical concept.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had great luck taping buffalo head nickels to a medium crash so I thought I'd try my luck with a heavy ride. Drilled eight holes in a 20" Paiste heavy band cymbal. That didn't give me the ability ride it with brushes so, using these odd brass connector strips I started doubling the rivets and I have a nice brush ride: high pitched, short sizzle.

With the screw rivets I can add other non traditional rivets. I may drill holes in buffalo head nickels (actual nickel, unlike modern zinc "nickels" and attach them with the screw rivets.

What have others found to be successful? View attachment 493903
miss the bobby pin discussions eh?..

they work

All 3 pinned at Once....
20 New Stamp, 18 Intermediate, 16 New Stamp

https://soundcloud.com/jda56%2Fwakeuptheneighbors

Last edited: