Alto speakers

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm not a gear guy at all, but have been trying to put a cheap studio together.
I picked up some decent mics, a PC, the new 24 track Tascam porta studio, etc...
Anyway, I was at the Guitar center looking for some speakers.
So, I picked up these Alto 210's, with bluetooth. When I had the guy who runs the drum dept, compare every speaker they had, at any price, these were the best.
I never heard of the brand. Does anyone know anything about them?
I compared to 2000 watt JBL's, and these were louder, and clearer at all volumes.
They're only 300 watt a piece, but wow.
If they happen to be garbage, someone let me know.
Thanks

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I am definately not a "sound guy" but I needed a set up for a family function and walked out with two Alto Trusonic 12" speakers and an 18" sub.

Ran this setup HARD for four hours on two different occasions, used them for floor monitors, and "small mains" over the last four years.

Not one issue or problem, many compliments on "bang for buck" value.

Like I said, not a sound guy, and I am sure a pair of QSCs would blow them away (maybe...), but for what you describe using them for I think you are fine.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I am definately not a "sound guy" but I needed a set up for a family function and walked out with two Alto Trusonic 12" speakers and an 18" sub.

Ran this setup HARD for four hours on two different occasions, used them for floor monitors, and "small mains" over the last four years.

Not one issue or problem, many compliments on "bang for buck" value.

Like I said, not a sound guy, and I am sure a pair of QSCs would blow them away (maybe...), but for what you describe using them for I think you are fine.
Man, thanks for the good news. I have 2 10 inch at 300 a piece, and like I said, they were the best sounding/loudest speakers they had.
I just wanted something that will be heard clearly over drums.
I've yet to set them up, but sure sounded like I'd have decent wiggle room.
With the sizes on your speakers, they must shake the house

Jordan Blue

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Alto makes nice gear. I have a friend who has an Alto PA, good stuff.

tdcrjeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have some older powered models 2xTS112A for small mains/monitors and 4xTX10 ($100 at Amazon last year when they were closing them out) and I've been very happy with them. Yes, great bang for the buck.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
One outdoor venue I play occasionally has all Alto mains and monitors. They sound pretty darn good, priced right and seem to be holding up at this venue which as I said is outdoors. The place has music I believe 7 days a week so they are getting well used.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was loving the new 10 inch 300 watts so much, I just went out, and got the 15's
For those old enough to remember playing covers to stereo systems, the 300 (1 of them) did the job, even for hard hitting tunes. However, I didn't like pushing em to 90% volume.
With the 15's, I will have plenty of wiggle room. I like playing covers to speakers more than headphones, as it forces me to listen more.
There are so many uses for these things!
I'm glad everyone has had good things to say about them.
The only drawback, is the separate bluetooth, but $40 is well worth the price

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you play them in the house, make sure ya got the ground on, and optimally a 220 to 110 converter at 20 amps.
I'm going to have to dedicate 40 amps to run these. If not, the quality of sound will get poor at higher volumes.
The circuit I had it on didn't have enough juice.
These suckers are incredible!!!!
Anyone know how long Alto has been around?
I have a feeling they're going to a force to recon with in the industry!

tdcrjeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The Alto company was founded in Italy in 2000. They became part of the inMusic family in 2010, so launched in the USA shortly thereafter (2011 I think). inMusic was started/owned by Jack O'Donnell when he purchased Numark. Other products in the inMusic family include Alesis, M-Audio, Akai Professional, Denon Professional, Marantz Professional, and Rane.

dsteinschneider

Reaction score
I have TS115a's, a pair of hip hop producers in our business complex (converted old factory building) left them behind when they moved. I could hear them mixing two buildings over when I worked late and I'm not surprised they blew the 15 inch drivers. I replaced them with Eminence Kappa C's and they sound fantastic (but weigh 10 more pounds). It might not have been completely the fault of the hip hop guys - the mixer on the TS115a has a single knob to control line and mic level input - 0-12 o'clock is for line input - 12 o'clock down to 6 is for mic level - if the user doesn't understand that I can see them overloading the drivers. The 2x10 inch model is probably better for drums. They are well made

Last edited:

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have TS115as, a pair of hip hop producers in our business complex (converted old factory building) left them behind when they moved. I could hear them mixing two buildings over when I worked late and I'm not surprised they blew the 15 inch drivers. I replaced them with Eminence Kappa C's and they sound fantastic (but weigh 10 more pounds). It might not have been completely the fault of the hip hop guys - the mixer on the TS115a has a single knob to control line and mic level input - 0-12 o'clock is for line input - 12 o'clock down to 6 is for mic level - if the user doesn't understand that I can see them overloading the drivers. The 2x10 inch model is probably better for drums. They are well made
Geez, how loud were they playing? At 2000 watts each, running 2, would be too much for most breakers. I added a 220 to 110 converter box, as 2k, with all my other equipment would trip. To get the clearest audio, they need a good amount of juice.
That's a nice find. These are the only speakers I've yet regretted getting.

dsteinschneider

Reaction score
The TS115a's are 800 watts (the Class D amp type - meaning not the same as the 300 watts of an Ampeg tube SVT amp). It was all bass and I could feeling it in another building. The mains are pretty good in these buildings as there used to be milling workstations in place there.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The TS115a's are 800 watts (the Class D amp type - meaning not the same as the 300 watts of an Ampeg tube SVT amp). It was all bass and I could feeling it in another building. The mains are pretty good in these buildings as there used to be milling workstations in place there.
It's a rehearsal room I take it?
That's killer. When I 1st read it, I thought you meant your neighbors (meaning house) had them blasting like that.
Yeah, you don't have to worry about power usage at a reasonable degree.

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had 2 12" Alto speakers for about 6 years...never a problem, except a blown fuse over that time period...took 5 minutes to get going...sold them for almost what I paid. Very worth it