Aluminum Hardware Has Changed My Life!

DrumPhil

Reaction score
You could shed some extra weight by using the upper tube as a boom on the DW clamp too.

I love the crosstown series. Tried them together with the DW and these were so much better to me in terms of build and how solid they were.

I don’t need booms on them, but they can be added quite easily.

I got a second snare stand today.

It matches the ultra light Club Custom kit I got in Yesterday:

View attachment 559373

The Yamaha DS-750 is a perfect match for them in terms of weight and matte looks:
View attachment 559454

Is there a way to add a backrest to that Yamaha throne? My lower back needs the support that I get from my Roc-n-soc seat and backrest, but man is it heavy! I've already removed the locking collar, but the whole thing is still quite heavy.

Reaction score
Is there a way to add a backrest to that Yamaha throne? My lower back needs the support that I get from my Roc-n-soc seat and backrest, but man is it heavy! I've already removed the locking collar, but the whole thing is still quite heavy.

This should work properly for that.

CherryClassic

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
WoW!! If the manufactures could increase the tube size at least one size larger, it might be possible to mount a rack tom on the side. Then I would be interested in purchasing an aluminum stand. I use two rack toms and really don't want to mount them on the bass. It'd be heavier but lighter than the heavy standard stands some of are using now. I would think....

sherm

Reaction score
WoW!! If the manufactures could increase the tube size at least one size larger, it might be possible to mount a rack tom on the side. Then I would be interested in purchasing an aluminum stand. I use two rack toms and really don't want to mount them on the bass. It'd be heavier but lighter than the heavy standard stands some of are using now. I would think....

sherm
You can with the Crosstown hardware.

With a dual or triple tom holder from Yamaha, or most other brands if you donmt use the Yess mounts.