Amazing show yesterday! (Opened for Crowder!)

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hey guys! Had a huge show yesterday and had to share some pics and video.

We were able to open for Crowder again at our big theme park here in Arkansas. It was a wet day with 80% chance of rain and storms through the entire show. Through load in and load out, not a single drop hit. It was absolutely perfect weather for the show.

Got to meet Crowder this time. SUCH an humble, down to earth guy. He told us the story of him being a huge Pearl Jam fan and Eddie Vedder teaching him how to surf while they were both in Hawaii. Pretty cool story!

Anyway, this was probably our best show to date. Everyone was locked in and we only had 1 slight mess up that was quickly recovered.

Crowder's show was amazing as usual. If you haven't seen his percussionist play, you should check him out. He's absolutely crazy how much stuff he's doing at once.

Shout out to the sound crew as well. They had the kit and everyone sounding absolutely incredible. My drums have never hit that hard!

Here's our opening song below which was the live debut. It'll probably make our next album!

Great night!
DSC_3364.jpg
20210605_163606.jpg
20210605_163824.jpg
20210605_163945.jpg
received_1740774496125959.jpeg

mjohnson12

Reaction score
Nice. I like Crowder. I loved his documentary YouTube series when he was recording Church Music with DCB.

ChicagoDave

Reaction score
Congrats! I saw Crowder waaay back in the day. This was almost 20 years ago at a worship music retreat in Atlanta, GA.
Chris Tomlin, Charlie Hall, Crowder. Still some of my favorite worship music, and a blast to play!

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
One last compilation with my quick solo, and 2 partial covers we did so people could have something to sing along to.

The last song, Glorious Day, we didn't see on Crowder's set list. Watching my gorpro footage from the sound board, I heard their people radio in after our set and say they were gonna scrap playing that same song and went with another Crowder original. Whoops!

Still the nicest crew we've worked with!

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
One last compilation with my quick solo, and 2 partial covers we did so people could have something to sing along to.

The last song, Glorious Day, we didn't see on Crowder's set list. Watching my gorpro footage from the sound board, I heard their people radio in after our set and say they were gonna scrap playing that same song and went with another Crowder original. Whoops!

Still the nicest crew we've worked with!

Band sounds great!

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'll also say, the all rides as crashes setup was beyond perfect for this kit and this band. The feel good hitting, and they're so big and washy. They cut just enough. So glad I finally found the perfect cymbal setup!

Thanks everyone!

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
Here's a Needtobreathe cover we did.

I still can't get over how good they had the drums mixed at this show. Literally the best drum sound I've ever had. My floor Toms in particular were just slamming!