Amazon deals thread

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I love the istanbuls sound soo much. i have a set of sultans, just a word of warning, i had my ride and crash both crack at the hole.. i haven't had the guts to check the hats, don't wanna know.
Sounds more like a manufacturing defect. The Istanbul's are supposed to be very durable. I just find it weird that it's both the ride and crash and they are both at the hole. But I guess that could happen to any cymbal.

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
Shipping is only 1 to 2 weeks. Forever compared to 2 day Priority in the US but I'm not in a rush. Looked at their site...not a lot of drum stuff but lots of musical odds and ends

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score

bbierstedt

Reaction score
Soultone 24” Gospel ride $133
Soultone Cymbals GSP-RID24-24" Gospel Ride https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DDLUKGW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dYymCbQRKETHG

Soultone 21” Custom Brilliant Ride $124
Soultone Cymbals CBRRA-RID21-21" Custom Brilliant RA Ride https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DDLQXXG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_cZymCbWA1D55C
I have always been a Zildjian guy but at that price I thought I would try one. I ended up paying 99.13 for the 24" Gospel ride after points and discount code was applied.

bbierstedt

Reaction score
I have always been a Zildjian guy but at that price I thought I would try one. I ended up paying 99.13 for the 24" Gospel ride after points and discount code was applied.
Price is now 316.93. crazy how Amazon sells these cymbals. from 133.00 to 316.93 in a couple days. I should have mine by tomorrow afternoon.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Price is now 316.93. crazy how Amazon sells these cymbals. from 133.00 to 316.93 in a couple days. I should have mine by tomorrow afternoon.
Yep! I don't get it. The Istanbul I bought 2 weeks ago was at a crazy low price so I bought it. The day after, it tripled in price. I don't know how they do it and why. But hey, good for us! I'm on amazon now everyday checking to see what deals come up on cymbals. I guess I'm becoming an accidental cymbal collector now; Thanks Amazon! Good thing is that even if it shows out of stock, you can pay for it now and they will ship it once it's back in stock. So you lock in that low price.

anthony marquart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have enough soutones now to out fit 2-3 kits.. I honestly think they are every bit as good most Z or S cymbals. I patiently collected them over time and the price has been incredible. I alsio have Z's and S's and I blend many of them together. Want to try the natural series but they don't seem to get the discounts that others do.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have enough soutones now to out fit 2-3 kits.. I honestly think they are every bit as good most Z or S cymbals. I patiently collected them over time and the price has been incredible. I alsio have Z's and S's and I blend many of them together. Want to try the natural series but they don't seem to get the discounts that others do.
I'm watching the Soultone's as well. If I see one really cheap that sounds good, I will go for it. So far it's been Istanbul Mehmet. Last one I got was a 15" crash for less than $90. That's insane!

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't know how they do it and why. But hey, good for us!.
It’s a classic sales gimmick in modern electronic hyperdrive: the Loss Leader. Sell an item for cost or take a small hit on it and create a flash buying frenzy. The aim is to lead a large percentage of buyers to purchase other profitable products on the same shopping trip since they saved so much on the loss leader.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It’s a classic sales gimmick in modern electronic hyperdrive: the Loss Leader. Sell an item for cost or take a small hit on it and create a flash buying frenzy. The aim is to lead a large percentage of buyers to purchase other profitable products on the same shopping trip since they saved so much on the loss leader.
Makes sense!
I guess with me though they lose because I won't buy any of the other so called profitable products on that trip. I snag the cymbal deal and wait for the next one to come along. But of course, we end up buying so much other crap on other Amazon excursions that they make up the loss in the end. I'm still gonna spend whether it's today's trip or tomorrow.

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Makes sense!
I guess with me though they lose because I won't buy any of the other so called profitable products on that trip. I snag the cymbal deal and wait for the next one to come along. But of course, we end up buying so much other crap on other Amazon excursions that they make up the loss in the end. I'm still gonna spend whether it's today's trip or tomorrow.
I try not to take the bait either. But dang, I need stix, and maybe some imported dainty cheese thingies, and a book on underwater basketweaving.