Amazon deals thread

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thank you Rich K...I've had a mostly good experiences with Wuhan...and for that money if I choose to experiment on it...I'm not destroying a 'great' instrument

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thank you Rich K...I've had a mostly good experiences with Wuhan...and for that money if I choose to experiment on it...I'm not destroying a 'great' instrument
And your not destroying your wallet either! Wuhan has upped their game recently and are making good stuff for little money. And they are B20 Alloy! They still have that "cheap and it breaks" stigma which scares some buyers. All my effects cymbals (4 splashes & 2 chinas) are Wuhan. I haven't tried regular cymbals from them but for effect cymbals, they are unbeatable and sound incredible. I've posted before that if stores were to display and market Wuhan, they would destroy beginner & intermediate market sales from the big 4 cymbal makers. But I'm sure stores get incentives from the big 4 for sales, something Wuhan probably can't do (yet!).

Last edited:

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
And your not destroying your wallet either! Wuhan has upped their game recently and are making good stuff for little money. And they are B20 Alloy! They still have that "cheap and it breaks" stigma which scares some buyers. All my effects cymbals (4 splashes & 2 chinas) are Wuhan. I haven't tried regular cymbals from them but for effect cymbals, they are unbeatable and sound incredible. I've posted before that if stores were to display and market Wuhan, they would destroy beginner & intermediate market sales from the big 4 cymbal makers. But I'm sure stores get incentives from the big 4 for sales, something Wuhan probably can't do (yet!).
With Dream and Centent also making good stuff in China and the many Turkish makers today, we're in a golden age of cymbals.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
With Dream and Centent also making good stuff in China and the many Turkish makers today, we're in a golden age of cymbals.
Yep I agree. I just recently switched all my stuff to Turkish using the Amazon deals that come up every day. I had always thought of the Turkish stuff as a luxury until thru here I discovered them on Amazon. And needless to say, my ears (& wallet) are very happy. You can't beat the sound! Next up is swapping my Asian made Ludwig's for USA made Ludwig's. But that will probably be in 2020. I've spent to much already throughout 2018 on drumming stuff.

seungkeeya

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Tim.
I just ordered a 16" set out of curiosity. Total impulse buy, Lol.
Youtube clips reveal they sound pretty cool individually, too.
Sam Ash & Sweetwater have these 16" pairs listed for $250
Did you order in under Prime or from individual seller?
Last week I ordered one priced at $54, today I am seeing another seller selling at $50.
Without Prime, you lose the hassle-free returns and fast shipping. Wonder if you have had experience from these individual sellers. (He has 60% something feedback...)

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Last week I ordered one priced at $54, today I am seeing another seller selling at $50.
Without Prime, you lose the hassle-free returns and fast shipping. Wonder if you have had experience from these individual sellers. (He has 60% something feedback...)
I wonder about some of these sellers. They seem to sell all kinds of stuff. It makes me doubt the authenticity of the products. Even the most random inexpensive products are being counterfeited these days.

Mn02

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I ordered a set of trash stack for $54 from a seller called outmydoor through Amazon. It arrived today and it is not cymbals, but an audio cable. I am returning it and hopefully the refund will be quick and I won't have to put up a fight for it. I'd be curious if anyone that ordered it actually gets cymbals. It's a crapshoot when Amazon is not the seller.

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
I ordered as well...but now when I check there is no order in the system (and no charges to my card). Bummer...I was actually looking forward to them (Meinl Stackers).

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Without Prime, you lose the hassle-free returns and fast shipping.
No I didn't use Prime for my order, it has shipped but not yet arrived.

I ordered a set of trash stack for $54 from a seller called outmydoor through Amazon. It arrived today and it is not cymbals, but an audio cable.
Welp, that's the same seller who's shipping my order. Drats!
My initial order was cancelled by seller TheAmazingPlace as "no longer in stock" so I re-ordered thru "OutMydoor" for about a dollar more.

Edit: It's my understanding when we order items via an independent seller if they send the wrong item we can be eligible for the A-to-z Guarantee refund. Whatever that is!

Last edited:

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've always ordered the deals that are straight from Amazon (or fulfilled by Amazon). Never from an individual seller. Usually the mega deals direct from Amazon will show 1 in stock at that price and as soon as you buy it shows out of stock and the price will fly up. But you are guaranteed the one that you bought. I've bought a bunch and always have received it.

Wolfeda16

Reaction score
Similar experience on the trash stack here. Ordered from one seller and received a cancellation due to out of stock. Re-ordered from outmydoor for a few dollars more. Got an email today saying it shipped. I guess we'll see if i get cymbals or something else. From my experience Amazon will side with the buyer if the seller messes up or is trying to rip people off, so im not too worried about being out the $54.

seungkeeya

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've always ordered the deals that are straight from Amazon (or fulfilled by Amazon). Never from an individual seller. Usually the mega deals direct from Amazon will show 1 in stock at that price and as soon as you buy it shows out of stock and the price will fly up. But you are guaranteed the one that you bought. I've bought a bunch and always have received it.
Yup. That’s where I got mine from too. Wonder what would be shipped to me...let me know if y’all get something funny

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yup. That’s where I got mine from too. Wonder what would be shipped to me...let me know if y’all get something funny
Looks like the same scam that happened when this third party dealer sold Sabians real cheap and everyone got door mats. Check the old posts. Amazon will refund you.

Wolfeda16

Reaction score
Sure enough, got my "trash stack" today, which turned out to be an s-video to usb adapter cable. *sigh* Guess I'll request a refund/return.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sure enough, got my "trash stack" today, which turned out to be an s-video to usb adapter cable. *sigh* Guess I'll request a refund/return.
Wow! That's crazy. At least Amazon will intervene and refund. Amazon at one point made it tough to become a seller thru them. They made you jump a lot of hoops to make sure you were up to a certain standard. I guess now days they allow anybody. It's out of control! Make sure to never buy from an Amazon seller unless you are 100% sure of who they are. I dont! When buying from Amazon I only buy from them or sellers that say "fulfilled by Amazon". And now I'm stopping myself from buying some stuff on Amazon. Some of the items from what I see end up being second rate. Happened to me with the last heads I bought. I'm strictly going to start using authorized dealers for most of my stuff even if it costs more. Luckily with cymbals it's been fine for me but again, those were purchased direct from Amazon. Sorry that happened to you!:(

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Seller "outmydoor" emailed me today:

Hi Steven,

I'm so sorry to report a rare listing error/issue on this product. An incorrect product was shipped to you, and it happened to a few other of our customers too. So strange! We use a bulk lister for a bunch of our products, and this was DEFINITELY an item mismatch with the part codes and Amazon. I have since removed the listing, and we will issue a full refund, once you request a return of the item and we receive it back.

So sorry, and please understand this was not intentional and was due to our inventory provider. Hope you will consider us again. I'm a very responsible seller so this really gets under my skin, as I want to ensure my customers are satisfied no matter what the circumstance. Please give me a chance to resolve this.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Seller "outmydoor" emailed me today:

Hi Steven,

I'm so sorry to report a rare listing error/issue on this product. An incorrect product was shipped to you, and it happened to a few other of our customers too. So strange! We use a bulk lister for a bunch of our products, and this was DEFINITELY an item mismatch with the part codes and Amazon. I have since removed the listing, and we will issue a full refund, once you request a return of the item and we receive it back.

So sorry, and please understand this was not intentional and was due to our inventory provider. Hope you will consider us again. I'm a very responsible seller so this really gets under my skin, as I want to ensure my customers are satisfied no matter what the circumstance. Please give me a chance to resolve this.

Look forward to hearing back from you.
Well he sounds honest! At least you can get a refund. I hope you don't have to pay return shipping though.
But: "Hope you will consider us again". I'm pretty sure you won't!

Latest posts