Amazon deals thread

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals Modern Series R-CM18 18-Inch Radiant Medium Crash Cymbal $140.72 ($279 elsewhere)

Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals Modern Series SA-C17 17-Inch Samatya Crash Cymbal $122.59 ($229 elsewhere)

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
These prices are crazy!!!
Usually they have a couple of things, today they have a bunch at blowout prices:

Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals Modern Series R-CM20 20-Inch Radiant Medium Crash Cymbal, $157.81 ($329 elsewhere)

Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals Traditional Series CD16 16-Inch Dark Crash Cymbals, $137.13 ($197.45 elsewhere)

Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals Signature Series AB-C16 AB Bermudez 16-Inch Crash Cymbal, $114.30 ($246.95 elsewhere)

Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals Traditional Series RP18 18-Inch Ping Ride Cymbals, $124.10 ($244.75 elsewhere)

Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals Traditional Series ROR19 19-Inch Original Ride Cymbals, $140.77 ($275 elsewhere)

Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals X-Perience Series XXM-RPR23 23-Inch X-Metal Power Ride, $182.91 ($454.99 elsewhere)

Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals X-Perience Series XXJ-FRM24 24-Inch X-Jazz Medium Ride $183.95 ($462 elsewhere)

Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals Traditional Series RCD22 22-Inch Custom Dry Cymbals $193.68 ($372.99 elsewhere)

Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals Traditional Series CH16 16-Inch China Cymbals, $157.60 ($228.90 elsewhere)

Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals Modern Series SA-CH20 20-Inch China Cymbal, $170.28 ($377 elsewhere)

Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals Modern Series R-CH20 20-Inch Radiant China Cymbal, $170.99 ($345 elsewhere)

Last edited:

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I snagged a Bosphorus 17" Antique for $120 this morning. I did the "call me" thing, and was not given an additional discount. Killer deal on a great cymbal nonetheless.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Picked up one, should arrive tomorrow! I have a 22" ride of the series (2610g) that it hopefully complements.
Awesome! That's a bargain. I need a Mehmet 18" that I have my eye on and at some point I'm hoping the price drops. Same thing, I need it to complement another Mehmet. Anyways, enjoy it!

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The 17" came in just now—1180 grams, which was a pleasant surprise; I was expecting some big cow of a pie. Just the "between old K and classic A" sound I expect from B.

They don't like to use more packing than they have to, though, do they? While the cymbal was in a bag, it was loose in the flat box. It must have shook on the way from NJ.

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My 17" Bosphorus Antique came in today also. 1156g. I was hoping for under 1100g, but it sounds amazing. It's a about 100g heavier than my 18" Bosphorus Masters. These cymbals are so pleasing to the ear.

Mine wasn't in any kind of a bag. Loose in the box with some brown paper to pad it. It also came with some really noticeable finger prints. Really happy with it for $120 though.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The 17" came in just now—1180 grams, which was a pleasant surprise; I was expecting some big cow of a pie. Just the "between old K and classic A" sound I expect from B.

They don't like to use more packing than they have to, though, do they? While the cymbal was in a bag, it was loose in the flat box. It must have shook on the way from NJ.
Yep! That's an issue with Amazon. All my cymbals have had minimal packing but somehow have managed on making it here safe.
Enjoy your cymbal!

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yes, but
  • Thick and Heavy Weighted.
That's a no from me.
Ok! I'm hoping someone does like it. I do! My favorite crash that I have is a 20" that weighs more than my 22" ride. If I needed it I'd buy it for that price in a heartbeat. That's beginner cymbals pricing! I'm seeking an 18" crash unfortunately.

Last edited:

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Bought a cymbal from Amazon yesterday and did the call me thing. They gave me a $5 discount. Better than nothing, but it was much more fun when they gave 20%, then 15%, then even 10%.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Bought a cymbal from Amazon yesterday and did the call me thing. They gave me a $5 discount. Better than nothing, but it was much more fun when they gave 20%, then 15%, then even 10%.
I wonder though if they would have given 20% off (back then) on something that already had a rock bottom price? Example is that 16" Mehmet crash that I listed two days ago. It's $98! I can't see them giving 20% off on top of that price. I remember the % off days but I don't recall the prices being this low back then. So I think that right now if you focus on the stuff that's at a blowout price, you end up doing better than 20% off. Am I wrong?

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They would give 20/15/10% off anything $100 or over, so long as it had the "Call Me" option. I grabbed a bunch of Anatolians a few years back (excellent cymbals!), then a bunch of Soultones, and this past year a few Istanbul Mehmets - all for between $80-$140 or so. This extended to drums, too. I remember when they were blowing out Liberty drums a few years ago, for example. Letting them go for peanuts. In fact, Liberty's US rep joined in on this thread to complain about what Amazon was doing to their brand name recognition by blowing them out, but there apparently was nothing Liberty could do about it.

Their price drops seem to go in random cycles. Feast and famine. Last Christmas was a real feast: they were blowing out a lotta bronze. It seems pretty tame right now - not exactly killer deals of late, though an occasional bargain will slip through. Who knows though - May 2019 might be another feast for us. A lot more people are hip to it now, so it's more difficult to watch cymbals dropping 5% each day. They get purchased much faster now.

If you look through some of the older posts in this thread going back a few years, a pattern might emerge as to how Amazon's algorithms work. It seems totally arbitrary to me, but I'd sure love to crack the code.

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The deals you could sometimes find back in the day — and I’m talking like 2 or 3 years ago — used to be genuinely bonkers.

There was one day, in particular, where something seemed to go haywire, and a huge amount of Amazon’s Bosphorus stock was discounted to prices that, if I saw them now, I would practically faint. I grabbed a few things, but I honestly thought it must have been a mistake at the time, so I held back. Plus, my cymbal collecting habit was still in its infancy back then, so the idea of buying more than one or two rides in a single day seemed crazy to me. (I was so naive! Hahahaha...)

And then there were the $15 Sabian splashes that behaved unlike any of the deals you see now: If someone bought one, the price wouldn’t immediately shoot up $100; it just hovered around $15 or $20, fluctuating a little every now and then, so people would buy as many as they wanted and then flip them. I still have one. I sold a few. I even gave a couple away, they were so cheap. Ah... the good old days.