Amazon deals thread

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
There was one day, in particular, where something seemed to go haywire, and a huge amount of Amazon’s Bosphorus stock was discounted to prices that, if I saw them now, I would practically faint.
And then there were the $15 Sabian splashes that behaved unlike any of the deals you see now: If someone bought one, the price wouldn’t immediately shoot up $100; it just hovered around $15 or $20, fluctuating a little every now and then, so people would buy as many as they wanted and then flip them.
Yes, indeed.

I got a new 24" Bosphorus Masters Ride for something like 98 bucks shipped a couple years ago.

I flipped about 5 of those $15 Sabian HHX 10" splashes on eBay for a tidy lil' profit, too.

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, indeed.

I got a new 24" Bosphorus Masters Ride for something like 98 bucks shipped a couple years ago.

I flipped about 5 of those $15 Sabian HHX 10" splashes on eBay for a tidy lil' profit, too.
That's nuts.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yes, indeed.

When I went nuts buying the Mehmet's dirt cheap a few months ago, their were a couple that I ended up not liking. I put them up on eBay and nobody even looked at them. And I had put them up for a very reasonable price. They sat there for weeks! In the end, I sold them for what I had bought them for so zero profit:confused:

shnootre

Reaction score
When I went nuts buying the Mehmet's dirt cheap a few months ago, their were a couple that I ended up not liking. I put them up on eBay and nobody even looked at them. And I had put them up for a very reasonable price. They sat there for weeks! In the end, I sold them for what I had bought them for so zero profit:confused:
Yep. I just sold my Mehmet Sultan 21” ride - almost broke even (after feebay fees) w what I paid on Amazon. I got it for a “steal,” and it was a nice cymbal, just not what I really wanted. I am convinced that these blowout prices have essentially wrecked the values of Mehmets. Agops are a totally different story.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yep. I just sold my Mehmet Sultan 21” ride - almost broke even (after feebay fees) w what I paid on Amazon. I got it for a “steal,” and it was a nice cymbal, just not what I really wanted. I am convinced that these blowout prices have essentially wrecked the values of Mehmets. Agops are a totally different story.
Yep! It's great for what you want to keep but when it's resale time, your screwed!

beatsmith8

Reaction score
I have bought about 30 mehmets (returned quite a few) since December. Pricing gets randomly stupendous/silly, but agree the resale market isn’t great. Can’t beat the value though. Someday this loophole will close and the value may increase once again. Until then, I have a sh*tload of cymbals.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have bought about 30 mehmets (returned quite a few) since December. Pricing gets randomly stupendous/silly, but agree the resale market isn’t great. Can’t beat the value though. Someday this loophole will close and the value may increase once again. Until then, I have a sh*tload of cymbals.
Same here! LOL!!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Bosphorus is no longer supplying cymbals to Amazon because they do not want the brand damage around the closeouts.
Excellent! Maybe they'll go crazy blowing out what's left and we can buy them all! LOL!!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ufip Cymbals Natural Series Crash Cymbal 20 Inch (NS-20),
$161.54 ($399.99 elsewhere)

Ufip Cymbals Natural Series Crash Cymbal 18 Inch (NS-18),
$216.32 ($368.83 elsewhere)

Ufip Cymbals Natural Series Crash Cymbal 17 Inch (NS-17),
$198.16 ($349.42 elsewhere)

Ufip Cymbals Natural Series Crash Cymbal 16 Inch (NS-16),
$113.43 ($306.71 elsewhere)

Ufip Cymbals Crash Cymbal 16 Inch (CS-16FC) $136.87 (Over $400 elsewhere)

Last edited:

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Damn! I wish I hadn't slept on that UFIP deal...
I guess you're talking about the Natural 20? Me too:(
And stupid me was the one that posted it last night. I bought the Bionic 18" crash for $154 which is ridiculous since that thing sells for almost $400 but then I went to bed contemplating the Natural 20" ride. I just checked and it's gone!!
The search continues...

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I guess you're talking about the Natural 20? Me too:(
And stupid me was the one that posted it last night. I bought the Bionic 18" crash for $154 which is ridiculous since that thing sells for almost $400 but then I went to bed contemplating the Natural 20" ride. I just checked and it's gone!!
The search continues...
Here you go: Natural 20" ride, $145

https://www.amazon.com/Ufip-Cymbals-Natural-Cymbal-NS-20MR/dp/B07D273BCT/ref=sr_1_14?keywords=ufip&qid=1555506950&refinements=p_85:2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&s=gateway&sr=8-14

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, I checked last night again and found that. Price went back down, weird! I'm gonna check the soindfile again and probably will pick it up. Great price, thanks!
The first one you posted was a 20” crash. (I’m the one who grabbed it. Sorry.) This one’s A 20” ride. Just FYI, in case you hadn’t noticed.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The first one you posted was a 20” crash. (I’m the one who grabbed it. Sorry.) This one’s A 20” ride. Just FYI, in case you hadn’t noticed.
Ah yes! I see now. I didn't notice. I bought an 18" so it's cool! Enjoy it!

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I couldn't refuse another one at these prices! I picked up the Mehmet Legend ride in 19", and it just arrived ahead of all of this predicted hail.

It came with the usual Amazon Hail-Mary packaging, though this was also in a bag (taped), and a thick one at that, and also with a wad of paper. Not the worst I've seen.

The picture depicted rivets, which were not present on this cymbal. But, I suppose that's easily remedied or circumvented. It's nice to customize these things anyway.

More importantly, it weighs in at a svelte 1680 grams! It's also VERY close to one of my favorite ride sounds: that on Carolyn Leonhart's 2000 recording of "That Way", played by Billy Drummond, I think. EDIT: Or Jimmy Cobb.

If this is the case, his was an old 50s K, 20", if he was using the same cymbals cited in his MD spread a few years earlier. Which makes sense. :)

Anyway, many thanks for sharing these deals so I could get some nice Turkish pies while the iron was hot!

Latest posts