Amazon deals thread

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I couldn't refuse another one at these prices! I picked up the Mehmet Legend ride in 19", and it just arrived ahead of all of this predicted hail.

It came with the usual Amazon Hail-Mary packaging, though this was also in a bag (taped), and a thick one at that, and also with a wad of paper. Not the worst I've seen.

The picture depicted rivets, which were not present on this cymbal. But, I suppose that's easily remedied or circumvented. It's nice to customize these things anyway.

More importantly, it weighs in at a svelte 1680 grams! It's also VERY close to one of my favorite ride sounds: that on Carolyn Leonhart's 2002 recording of "That Way", played by Billy Drummond, I think.

If this is the case, his was an old 50s K, 20", if he was using the same cymbals cited in his MD spread a few years earlier. Which makes sense. :)

Anyway, many thanks for sharing these deals so I could get some nice Turkish pies while the iron was hot!
That's the way to do it! That's how I replaced all my cymbals on my kit to Turkish. All 8 of them!
Can't beat it, all pro level stuff for little $$.

mtarrani

DFO Master
Reaction score
I couldn't refuse another one at these prices! I picked up the Mehmet Legend ride in 19", and it just arrived ahead of all of this predicted hail.

It came with the usual Amazon Hail-Mary packaging, though this was also in a bag (taped), and a thick one at that, and also with a wad of paper. Not the worst I've seen.

The picture depicted rivets, which were not present on this cymbal. But, I suppose that's easily remedied or circumvented. It's nice to customize these things anyway.

More importantly, it weighs in at a svelte 1680 grams! It's also VERY close to one of my favorite ride sounds: that on Carolyn Leonhart's 2000 recording of "That Way", played by Billy Drummond, I think. EDIT: Or Jimmy Cobb.

If this is the case, his was an old 50s K, 20", if he was using the same cymbals cited in his MD spread a few years earlier. Which makes sense. :)

Anyway, many thanks for sharing these deals so I could get some nice Turkish pies while the iron was hot!
Ms Leonhart is the great bassist Jay Leonhart's daughter.

beatsmith8

Reaction score

More importantly, it weighs in at a svelte 1680 grams! It's also VERY close to one of my favorite ride sounds: that on Carolyn Leonhart's 2000 recording of "That Way", played by Billy Drummond, I think. EDIT: Or Jimmy Cobb.

Hail Mary packaging - so true!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hail Mary packaging - so true!
I laughed when I read that because it's a gamble with Amazon and cymbals. But I always figure, if it's damaged, return it and get my money back. My UFIP bionic crash arrives tomorrow so I'm feeling a little anxious as to how it's held up in transit. We shall see!

bigbeat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just received a UFIP 20" Natural Series ride cymbal from Amazon. $154.72 (including tax). Around $339 elsewhere. It was packed OK, no damage. 2610 gms. Sounds slightly dark but bright with a clearly defined bell sound. Quite different from my Zildjian Ks. A very good cymbal at a very good price!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I just received a UFIP 20" Natural Series ride cymbal from Amazon. $154.72 (including tax). Around $339 elsewhere. It was packed OK, no damage. 2610 gms. Sounds slightly dark but bright with a clearly defined bell sound. Quite different from my Zildjian Ks. A very good cymbal at a very good price!
Awesome! You beat me to it LOL!!
Enjoy it!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
SUPER UFIP BARGAIN!!
Ufip Cymbals Natural Series Crash Cymbal 16 Inch, $97.91 ($306.71 elsewhere)

Ufip Cymbals Class series Crash Cymbal 16 Inch, $120.61 ($226 elsewhere)

Ufip Cymbals Vibra Series 17 inches Crash Cymbal 17", $109.70 ($297 elsewhere)

Ufip Cymbals Bionic Series Crash Cymbal 17 Inch, $158.41 ($329.99 elsewhere)

Sabian Artisan 19" crash,
$264.20 ($484.99 elsewhere)

Last edited:

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
More UFIP deals!

Ufip Cymbals Natural Series Light Ride Cymbal 20 Inch, $138.07 ($326 elsewhere) Also available on the same page, 21 inch medium ride, $180.58, 22 inch light ride, $181.01 and 22 inch medium ride, $179.97

Ufip Cymbals Bionic Series Heavy Ride Cymbal 21 Inch, $152.76 ($429.99 elsewhere) Same page in medium & heavy in 20 & 22 inch Starting at $168.53 in 22 inch heavy

Ufip Cymbals Class series Crash Ride Cymbal 21 Inch, $163.11 ($339 elsewhere). Other sizes and weights available on the same page.

Ufip Cymbals Class series Fast Crash Cymbal 16 Inch, $103.15 (List price $462)

Ufip Cymbals Effects Collection Dry Splash Cymbal 8 Inch, $58.59 ($199.99 elsewhere). Also available on the same page in 12 inch, $72.36 ($219.99 elsewhere)

Last edited:

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A helpful bit of advice for everyone buying from Amazon. My last couple of cymbal purchases from them, I have selected to have them gift wrapped. The cost was $4.99 and definitely worth that extra cost to ensure the cymbals arrives in-tact. You can select the gift wrap option in checkout.

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A helpful bit of advice for everyone buying from Amazon. My last couple of cymbal purchases from them, I have selected to have them gift wrapped. The cost was $4.99 and definitely worth that extra cost to ensure the cymbals arrives in-tact. You can select the gift wrap option in checkout.
Great tip!

anthony marquart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I grabbed 3 UFIP Vibra crashed and a 22 inch ride for about 600$.. I listened online as much as possible.. All UFIP I have seen or touched were quite nice.. as good as any really.. And if they suck I can return them.

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I grabbed 3 UFIP Vibra crashed and a 22 inch ride for about 600$.. I listened online as much as possible.. All UFIP I have seen or touched were quite nice.. as good as any really.. And if they suck I can return them.
Until Amazon bans you for returning too much stuff...

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've never returned anything.. Doubt Ill have an issue
No, probably not. It’s one of the thoughts that curbed my Amazon cymbal buying, though. I had to return quite a few items, mostly due to damage (thanks to the awesome packaging jobs!), and I started to get worried.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Had these in my cart but changed my mind, still good deals though....

UFiP 18 China $64

Soultone 6" Splash $33

anthony marquart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ive been luck with Amazon cymbals. I little warp to a 22 inch china once. other than that.. just fine.. I have a lot of Soultones too.. good product even at regular prices.. super excited about the UFIPs,.. 16, 18 and 19 crashs and 22 medium ride.. Can anyone share their experience with the Vibra series from UFIP?

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
No, probably not. It’s one of the thoughts that curbed my Amazon cymbal buying, though. I had to return quite a few items, mostly due to damage (thanks to the awesome packaging jobs!), and I started to get worried.
It crosses my mind too. I'm quite sure they keep tabs on buyers that return items, defective or not.

Latest posts