Amazon deals thread

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Oh, they definitely do. Not just paranoid speculation:

Yep, I remember hearing about that vague policy. I'd like to assume that they'd treat defective returns differently than others. I know I've returned a few damaged cymbals, completely due to their inept packaging. But who really knows?

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Last week I was pricing Remo heads when Amazon had a set as "used" for cheap. Usually when they sell used it's a return or damaged package. When they came in, they were actually played heads. Someone had the audacity to try a set of remos out for a while and then returned them. (They were still a good deal for me as they were for a set for sale).

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Oh, they definitely do. Not just paranoid speculation:

[/QU
Had these in my cart but changed my mind, still good deals though....

UFiP 18 China $64

Soultone 6" Splash $33
I was excited to click your link for the $64 china. I clicked and saw the Tiger china! Unfortunately I can't get passed the way those things look. I think I would be playing and staring at that thing thinking it doesn't belong in the group. Definitely not for me! LOL!!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Last week I was pricing Remo heads when Amazon had a set as "used" for cheap. Usually when they sell used it's a return or damaged package. When they came in, they were actually played heads. Someone had the audacity to try a set of remos out for a while and then returned them. (They were still a good deal for me as they were for a set for sale).
Lucky for you that they listed them as used. I bought 3 Aquarian Performance II's a couple months ago direct from Amazon (not an Amazon seller). They were listed as "New". They arrived in torn boxes and were absolutely mega used. Incredible! And the amazing thing is that Amazon didn't even package them. They shipped them out in the little thin Aquarian boxes and just slapped labels on them. So here is the kicker, I requested an exchange in which they happily complied and I received the same crap over again. Of course I returned them that second time for a refund and decided that I will never buy heads from Amazon again.

Last edited:

heyjay

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Speaking of gambling on used Amazon gear... I think this is worth a try. Someone pull the trigger before I do.

IMG_20190430_152306.jpg

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm really tempted to snag that kit, but my wife would murder me. Have to wonder just how "used" it is though.

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yup...I'm a dummy, didn't notice it was under used section. Carry on.

heyjay

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My guess is not used at all since it's missing hardware, the risk is in exactly how much is missing

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
it sold. From past experience, I would be very surprised if all 4 drums actually show up. These Amazon Warehouse kits have a tendency to be missing boxes. If everything is there minus the hardware, though, this was a killer deal for whoever got it.

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, it happened:

IMG_20190501_171816554.jpg

I immediately called Amazon, where it was ascertained that this was the only one. Not immediately wanting to send it back, I was offered a substantial partial refund that equaled just about half of the purchase price, which I gladly accepted. The agent was very helpful and just as exasperated as I was. Using the techniques I gleaned here (jeweler's file, wet, go slow, 600 grit sandpaper), I got it to this:

IMG_20190502_124604185.jpg

I believe I've reached a realistic point with it to where I'll play it and just keep watching it. It's otherwise a beautiful pie, 1828 grams, with a lot of clarity within the complexity, and quite a few zones.
IMG_20190501_174543866~2.jpg

Last edited:

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well, it happened:

View attachment 395495

I immediately called Amazon, where it was ascertained that this was the only one. Not immediately wanting to send it back, I was offered a substantial partial refund that equaled just about half of the purchase price, which I gladly accepted. The agent was very helpful and just as exasperated as I was. Using the techniques I gleaned here (jeweler's file, wet, go slow, 600 grit sandpaper), I got it to this:

View attachment 395496

I believe I've reached a realistic point with it to where I'll play it and just keep watching it. It's otherwise a beautiful pie, 1828 grams, with a lot of clarity within the complexity, and quite a few zones.View attachment 395501
Damn Amazon! At least you got half back. Not bad since you decided to keep it! That's a nice Mehmet. I have Murathan's, X-metal, X-cast and I had a Radiant and Onurhan. Never tried the legend!

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It's what Mehmet calls the Mel Lewis; apparently Agop got the actual name rights. I had the 19", then I dug deep in the pockets when I saw the 20" come up at a good price. They're a nice pair!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That one's been at that price for a while. I wonder why nobody has picked it up? I heard the sound file and passed on it a while back but their has to be somebody else like you that likes that sound.

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That one's been at that price for a while. I wonder why nobody has picked it up? I heard the sound file and passed on it a while back but their has to be somebody else like you that likes that sound.
Given their hand made-ness, it might be hard to go by a sound file for any of these Turkish cymbals. It's a roll of the dice. I got lucky, and mine sounds smooth as butter.

Latest posts