Amazon deals thread

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Given their hand made-ness, it might be hard to go by a sound file for any of these Turkish cymbals. It's a roll of the dice. I got lucky, and mine sounds smooth as butter.
Yeah I guess your right but all the Mehmet's I've bought have sounded very similar to the sound files I've heard. What I meant was the type of sound. At the time I saw that one, I was looking for bright and that cymbal wasn't at the brightness I wanted. Don't get me wrong, it sounds fantastic but right now it's not my kind of sound. On Bosphorus what I've really been eyeing are the Traditional series cymbals but they never (so far) have gone down in price at all. Hopefully at some point they do!

High on Stress

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah I guess your right but all the Mehmet's I've bought have sounded very similar to the sound files I've heard. What I meant was the type of sound. At the time I saw that one, I was looking for bright and that cymbal wasn't at the brightness I wanted. Don't get me wrong, it sounds fantastic but right now it's not my kind of sound. On Bosphorus what I've really been eyeing are the Traditional series cymbals but they never (so far) have gone down in price at all. Hopefully at some point they do!
Keep your eyes peeled. I acquired a full set of Bosphorus Traditionals a few years ago when they discounted them. All were under $200 each and one was less than $100.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Keep your eyes peeled. I acquired a full set of Bosphorus Traditionals a few years ago when they discounted them. All were under $200 each and one was less than $100.
I'll keep looking. I check everyday! Hopefully at some point they will show up as discounted. That's what I did with the Mehmet's, Soultone's and a couple of UFIP's. I replaced 8 of my cymbals with the Amazon deals.

Last edited:

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Here's a couple outstanding discounts.

UFiP Natural series 13" Hats

$124.14 & Free Shipping
**Edit: It's gone back up to reg. price now

22" UFiP Class series Medium ride
133.25 & Free shipping
**Edit: It's gone back up to reg. price now

Both of these cymbals qualified for an additional call-in discount.

Last edited:

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Seems the call in discount is gone. A while back they didn't give it to me but when I called for the same item under my wife's account they gave me a discount.
One time they gave me $5. Figured I'dtry that ufip 21" crash. No discount but it was seemingly a great price so I bought it anyway.

bigbeat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Seems the call in discount is gone. A while back they didn't give it to me but when I called for the same item under my wife's account they gave me a discount.
One time they gave me $5. Figured I'dtry that ufip 21" crash. No discount but it was seemingly a great price so I bought it anyway.
Interesting. They reduced my Class series 21" crash-ride another $13 via the "courtesy call discount" yesterday.

I bought the last one! Should arrive Friday, May 24th. Too good a price to pass up!
I was tempted to grab that one also, Experience series models are wonderful & unique. Enjoy!

Latest posts