Amazon deals thread

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Given their hand made-ness, it might be hard to go by a sound file for any of these Turkish cymbals. It's a roll of the dice. I got lucky, and mine sounds smooth as butter.
Yeah I guess your right but all the Mehmet's I've bought have sounded very similar to the sound files I've heard. What I meant was the type of sound. At the time I saw that one, I was looking for bright and that cymbal wasn't at the brightness I wanted. Don't get me wrong, it sounds fantastic but right now it's not my kind of sound. On Bosphorus what I've really been eyeing are the Traditional series cymbals but they never (so far) have gone down in price at all. Hopefully at some point they do!

High on Stress

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah I guess your right but all the Mehmet's I've bought have sounded very similar to the sound files I've heard. What I meant was the type of sound. At the time I saw that one, I was looking for bright and that cymbal wasn't at the brightness I wanted. Don't get me wrong, it sounds fantastic but right now it's not my kind of sound. On Bosphorus what I've really been eyeing are the Traditional series cymbals but they never (so far) have gone down in price at all. Hopefully at some point they do!
Keep your eyes peeled. I acquired a full set of Bosphorus Traditionals a few years ago when they discounted them. All were under $200 each and one was less than $100.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Keep your eyes peeled. I acquired a full set of Bosphorus Traditionals a few years ago when they discounted them. All were under $200 each and one was less than $100.
I'll keep looking. I check everyday! Hopefully at some point they will show up as discounted. That's what I did with the Mehmet's, Soultone's and a couple of UFIP's. I replaced 8 of my cymbals with the Amazon deals.

Last edited:

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Here's a couple outstanding discounts.

UFiP Natural series 13" Hats

$124.14 & Free Shipping
**Edit: It's gone back up to reg. price now

22" UFiP Class series Medium ride
133.25 & Free shipping
**Edit: It's gone back up to reg. price now

Both of these cymbals qualified for an additional call-in discount.

Last edited:

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Seems the call in discount is gone. A while back they didn't give it to me but when I called for the same item under my wife's account they gave me a discount.
One time they gave me $5. Figured I'dtry that ufip 21" crash. No discount but it was seemingly a great price so I bought it anyway.

bigbeat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Seems the call in discount is gone. A while back they didn't give it to me but when I called for the same item under my wife's account they gave me a discount.
One time they gave me $5. Figured I'dtry that ufip 21" crash. No discount but it was seemingly a great price so I bought it anyway.
Interesting. They reduced my Class series 21" crash-ride another $13 via the "courtesy call discount" yesterday.

I bought the last one! Should arrive Friday, May 24th. Too good a price to pass up!
I was tempted to grab that one also, Experience series models are wonderful & unique. Enjoy!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hmm, shows $2,276 now. Maybe it was a 1 day price fluke. From $2,276 to $933 seems unreal. Maybe someone at Amazon hit the wrong button.
Someone likely bought the first one, as there were originally 2 sets. When I revisited the page about an hour after my post, there was only one left and the price was back to MAP. I've seen this happen a lot with Amazon. I once ALMOST bought a Pearl Reference Pure set for around $800. I had it in my cart, bought it, then choked and initiated an immediate refund. Price shot back up to over $2000, all in the course of 10 minutes.

Of course, there's a double edged sword here, as I've read several stories of ppl buying unusually low priced drum sets at Amazon and only receiving like half the set. This was why I panicked on the Pearls and backed out at the last minute. Still, there will always be that nagging feeling for me that I lost out on a steal of a deal.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Someone likely bought the first one, as there were originally 2 sets. When I revisited the page about an hour after my post, there was only one left and the price was back to MAP. I've seen this happen a lot with Amazon. I once ALMOST bought a Pearl Reference Pure set for around $800. I had it in my cart, bought it, then choked and initiated an immediate refund. Price shot back up to over $2000, all in the course of 10 minutes.

Of course, there's a double edged sword here, as I've read several stories of ppl buying unusually low priced drum sets at Amazon and only receiving like half the set. This was why I panicked on the Pearls and backed out at the last minute. Still, there will always be that nagging feeling for me that I lost out on a steal of a deal.
OK I see. Didn't know their was 2 initially. I guess I saw the post 1 day too late. I've never seen them post a blowout price with 2 in stock though. I've always seen it with only 1 in stock and then it goes back to MAP. Anyways oh well! Good thing somebody picked it up at that great price.

Latest posts