Amazon deals thread

mdoyle13

Reaction score
Someone likely bought the first one, as there were originally 2 sets. When I revisited the page about an hour after my post, there was only one left and the price was back to MAP. I've seen this happen a lot with Amazon. I once ALMOST bought a Pearl Reference Pure set for around $800. I had it in my cart, bought it, then choked and initiated an immediate refund. Price shot back up to over $2000, all in the course of 10 minutes.

Of course, there's a double edged sword here, as I've read several stories of ppl buying unusually low priced drum sets at Amazon and only receiving like half the set. This was why I panicked on the Pearls and backed out at the last minute. Still, there will always be that nagging feeling for me that I lost out on a steal of a deal.
I purchased the kit at $933. I can confirm that only 1 of 2 boxes arrived. The missing box was the rack tom and some hardware. Amazon has shipped another kit to me so hopefully they get it right this time.

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
But does Amazon eventually make it right?
Bought 3 or 4 different sets to resell and they all came in perfect. Bought one set for me and a box was missing. They had me send it back and even though they had the same set in a different color, they wouldn't let me have it at the super discount price.

shnootre

Reaction score
Bought 3 or 4 different sets to resell and they all came in perfect. Bought one set for me and a box was missing. They had me send it back and even though they had the same set in a different color, they wouldn't let me have it at the super discount price.
So the upshot is...crazy drum set deals on Amazon are not real?

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
So the upshot is...crazy drum set deals on Amazon are not real?
3 of the 4 were real. Got 2 mapex Saturn IV; one was a bop set with snare, one was "fusion" sizes with snare. Both sets came with complete hardware setups and both were under $700 shipped. There was also a Pearl Vision set with hardware for $250 or something stupid like that. Awesome deals. PLUS... if you called in the order you got an extra 15% off.
Less folks were hip to the steals a few years ago.

mdoyle13

Reaction score
I purchased the kit at $933. I can confirm that only 1 of 2 boxes arrived. The missing box was the rack tom and some hardware. Amazon has shipped another kit to me so hopefully they get it right this time.
The missing box arrived. Even though the amazon support person said they would have to send the WHOLE shipment to me again - only the one box I needed to complete the kit arrived this time. Maybe I got lucky?

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The missing box arrived. Even though the amazon support person said they would have to send the WHOLE shipment to me again - only the one box I needed to complete the kit arrived this time. Maybe I got lucky?
Congratulations! Helluva deal.

shnootre

Reaction score
Cool - worth the hassle, sounds like.

seungkeeya

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This was exactly what happened to me after they told me they sent the whole package twice. Only ended up getting the remaining half of the box.

mdoyle13

Reaction score
Finally got around to setting up the club date. Still need to tune everything up but I'm a tad bit disappointed with the bass drum hoop quality. They're considerably out of round. Overall I'm pleased and it was a heck of a deal.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
this looked good...popped up in my UFIP search...$110.24 for a TRX ALT 20

That's a great deal. That cymbal retails for about $340.
By the way, speaking of UFIP, for anyone interested:
Ufip Natural Series, Crash Ride Cymbal, 20 Inch, $164.38 ($421 elsewhere)

Last edited:

VinSparkle

Reaction score
People, buy these!

UFIP Natural 13" Hats, 1 left at $142.97

UFIP Class 13" Hats, 1 left at $134.41

15" Mehmet Empire Hats, 2 left, $144.20

14" Mehmet MC Jazz Hats, 1 left, $175.23 [I have these in 15" and love them!!]

Last edited:

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Oooooh... I would have really liked those Empire hats. Dang it.

Latest posts