Amazon deals thread

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been discussed earlier in this thread, but what's the best way to search Amazon for these deals?

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
At the start there was software/another site that was good at pulling data out of the Amazon site...now...I just look at a brand I like (Soultone) and then have it arranged cost/low to high... I've noticed though more of Amazon adding related items or promoting other items. Also in my case...I usually stop looking at say $100... but sometimes there are sweet deals at say $140 that I'd have thought about...if I'd seen them. The old software could show you 'every ride' with a 50% reduction in price.

VinSparkle

Reaction score
At the start there was software/another site that was good at pulling data out of the Amazon site...now...I just look at a brand I like (Soultone) and then have it arranged cost/low to high... I've noticed though more of Amazon adding related items or promoting other items. Also in my case...I usually stop looking at say $100... but sometimes there are sweet deals at say $140 that I'd have thought about...if I'd seen them. The old software could show you 'every ride' with a 50% reduction in price.
Exactly what I do.

I think the algos just drop prices as some of this niche inventory ages. Will never happen with toothpaste, but for small, illiquid markets like boutique cymbals, this is what they do.

They must be taking a bath on this stuff. I mean, a new 15” set of handmade Turkish hats for a $140?!

shnootre

Reaction score
Exactly what I do.

I think the algos just drop prices as some of this niche inventory ages. Will never happen with toothpaste, but for small, illiquid markets like boutique cymbals, this is what they do.

They must be taking a bath on this stuff. I mean, a new 15” set of handmade Turkish hats for a $140?!
It is definitely nuts. I got got my Mehmet Dark Origin 15” jazz hats for $164 late last year - they are hanging in alongside a K con, a Kerope, and a K Custom Hybrid beautifully. Still I think the low price has me devalue them sometimes and lust after K light 15”s, which are never ever discounted. (I am totally happy w my current hats.) The brain is a funny, stupid thing sometimes.

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

dsop

Reaction score
That seems to be the same price these sell for as individual top or bottom hats elsewhere. Given that this is a third-party seller, I’m guessing they just screwed up when they put up the listing on Amazon and only one hat will arrive in the box.

But who knows?
Well, the listing says 14" Hi-hat Cymbals with Modern 602 Alloy Formulation (Pair)

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, the listing says 14" Hi-hat Cymbals with Modern 602 Alloy Formulation (Pair)
Yep. And remember those AA Sabian crashes that everyone bought? The ones that turned out to be rubber floor mats shaped like soccer balls and football team logos? Yeah...

If it were shipped from and sold by Amazon, I’d be buying a “pair,” too. As is, I’m just gonna sit this one out and hope whoever does test it out ends up scoring a sweet deal, even if I don’t.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yep. And remember those AA Sabian crashes that everyone bought? The ones that turned out to be rubber floor mats shaped like soccer balls? Yeah...

If it were shipped from and sold by Amazon, I’d be buying a “pair,” too. As is, I’m just gonna sit this one out and hope whoever does test it out ends up scoring a sweet deal, even if I don’t.
"NOT AS DESCRIBED"

And back in the box they go! Lol

Wish me luck....I bit.

larold

Reaction score
The same seller has the top cymbal only for sale for the same price on Reverb, so I assume it's an error in the amazon listing:

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
OF NOTE- my browser is saying there are now 46 pages of Soultones when recently there was like 7... though there are clearly some related other vendors items being suggested...it seems like Amazon just stocked up again...will be interesting to see how quickly items drop price wise. I also saw a few things/sizes I hadn't seen before. I'm feeling optimistic.

Latest posts