Amazon deals thread

Ced

Reaction score
Actually I take that back, I only got the bottom.

Yes I contacted them and they are sending a replacement 1 day shipping. Maybe I'll get a top this time??? :)

But that also make me think that the hi hats must be a mess and not paired the way they were intended to... If that makes sense.

Ced

Reaction score
Should be a replacement pair and I will send back the lonely bottom hat.

But honestly, who knows what I'll get tomorrow... Maybe just the top that was missing? hehe

NewBeat

Reaction score
God help you if you try to buy hoops on Amazon - no one seems to know what they are actually selling - snare / batter side, single / double / triple flanged, brass / steel / aluminum / zinc, 1.6mm / 2.3mm / what a mm?, diecast / seamed, stick chopper / stick saver, 6 lug / 8 lug / 10 lug, etc. And to make matters more unsettling, the picture never seems to match what you're looking for.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
God help you if you try to buy hoops on Amazon - no one seems to know what they are actually selling - snare / batter side, single / double / triple flanged, brass / steel / aluminum / zinc, 1.6mm / 2.3mm / what a mm?, diecast / seamed, stick chopper / stick saver, 6 lug / 8 lug / 10 lug, etc. And to make matters more unsettling, the picture never seems to match what you're looking for.
I've learned from (bad) experiences to not buy certain things on Amazon. Heads for one, I will never buy again. They always have come defective like if they carry seconds or something. I figure hoops would be another thing to avoid. Glad you posted this to remind me. I will only buy definite items that come manufacturer packed with definite known markings & specs. And of course cymbals as well. Other than that, nothing else!

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Stayed tuned....

The $285 14" 602 ME hi hat PAIR were delivered today.... EDIT: Delivered to the POST OFFICE and NOT my house!!!

AND-the $99 2002 14" med. hi hat PAIR are coming in this afternoon...

More to come.....after the break!

Lol

Last edited:

Ced

Reaction score
Ok, you guys are going to LOVE this...

My replacement arrived! And this time I only have the top, no bags nothing.... Just a top hat in a box.

after talking with a representative, all is good. I had to send a wikipedia link of what a hi hat is and that it is composed of 2 pieces... The woman on the chat was very good and worked well with me to get that back on track. So I should be fine now.

This is my first time getting a pair of hi hat from amazon. I would think twice. And after all, nothing replaces a nice drum shop, and supporting a local business. The price was way too tempting so I gave it a shot... But my next drum order will be a the local drum shop ;)

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

My replacement arrived! And this time I only have the top, no bags nothing.... Just a top hat in a box.

after talking with a representative, all is good. I had to send a wikipedia link of what a hi hat is and that it is composed of 2 pieces... The woman on the chat was very good and worked well with me to get that back on track. So I should be fine now.

This is my first time getting a pair of hi hat from amazon. I would think twice. And after all, nothing replaces a nice drum shop, and supporting a local business. The price was too tempting that I gave it a shot....
So to recap...

You received a Paiste 14" Formula 602 ME hi hat BOTTOM. And today you received a Paiste 14" Formula 602 ME hi hat TOP.

So you did receive a complete pair of 602s for $285 (before taxes)?

Ced

Reaction score
2 days ago I received a Mehmet MC jazz bottom, and today I received the top. The associate combined my order and replacement (I don't have to return the bottom), to complete my order for the original price of $190

If that makes sense?

But yeah, it was a mess. Not even sure that botom was the one paired with the top, and packaging was ultra minimal with the cymbal floating in the box.

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

This is my first time getting a pair of hi hat from amazon. I would think twice. And after all, nothing replaces a nice drum shop, and supporting a local business. The price was way too tempting so I gave it a shot... But my next drum order will be a the local drum shop ;)
Good for you, I am astounded at how bad the customer service has been with me regarding an Amazon screw up. I am currently on a full out war with them. Glad you got resolution.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry for hijacking the whole thread...I'll probably clean up my mess with a mass-delete shortly...meanwhile back at the ranch...

Soultone 18" Custom Brilliant Ride cymbal $90:

Soultone 14" Natural China $91:

Souldtone 23" Custom Brilliant China $97:

Soultone 21" Latin China $101:

Rock Salad

Reaction score
Not that i endorse amazon or anything, but like some say it is too temptingly low priced not to try...
UFiP 20" Natural Crash Ride arrived in good condition and on time for $179.

CeeJay

Reaction score
Not that i endorse amazon or anything, but like some say it is too temptingly low priced not to try...
UFiP 20" Natural Crash Ride arrived in good condition and on time for $179.
Awesome. I've had good luck so far, with my one purchase. Received my Bosphorus 17" New Orleans crash (think it was $165) within two days (I've had it for about 10 days now). It was packed very well too, in a plastic cymbal sleeve that was double boxed and padded. Awesome cymbal by the way. Think I'm hooked on these New Orleans crashes. Hope to get a 15" but haven't seen it on Amazon.
These cymbal prices are so ridiculously low I'm having to resist the temptation to buy as many as I can just for fun without thinking about what I actually need. I could easy go broke in a hurry if I'm not careful, but I feel like a kid in a candy store :)

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Okay-update on those Paiste 602 ME 14" hi hat"s"...here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CB48LG8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As expected-only ONE cymbal arrived.

I have been emailing back and forth for two days trying to get them to at least admit the listing was wrong. Finally, today, they said "Amazon 'mislabeled' the item as a pair", and it was "only supposed to be a TOP cymbal".

They offered me the bottom cymbal for a discount or a full refund.

I am waiting to hear what the discounted price will be for the bottom cymbal.

Stay-tuned...

Going forward I will look for the "Amazon" label on any listing like this. Haven't been jammed up by them yet.

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I ordered a drum kit and got a single drum....twice. Beware.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry for hijacking the whole thread...I'll probably clean up my mess with a mass-delete shortly...meanwhile back at the ranch...

Soultone 18" Custom Brilliant Ride cymbal $90:

Soultone 14" Natural China $91:

Souldtone 23" Custom Brilliant China $97:

Soultone 21" Latin China $101:

You didn't hijack the thread at all, it's actually for exactly what you posted. We've hijacked it with all the chit chat LOL!! That 23" china is very very tempting! I just checked and it's up to $102 which is still a bargain. I have 2 Soultone gospel China's and they sound fantastic. They are my favorite China's by far. I have that 18" ride. I got it about 6 months ago for like $85 on Amazon and I hate it. It has wayyyy to much wash. It sounds as if they tried to pass it on as a ride but sounds like a heavy crash.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Problem is that it's impossible to get new Mehmet's, Soultone & UFIP's at those prices in a local drum shop. And the only music stores near me are Guitar Center & Sam Ash. I wish it was different where I'm at but for those expensive things I'm stuck with Amazon. If it wasn't for Amazon, I would have never been able to buy all the Turkish & Italian cymbals I have on my kit. Sorry you had a bad experience, it happens every once in a while. Out of the 10+ cymbals I've bought there, 3 were hi hats and they all came complete. The rest were rides, crashes & China's and only 1 came damaged because they hit the rim on transport and chipped it. Glad you got your issue solved!:)

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
FWIW...today i order 8" soultone natural top and bottom...$79 for the pair with tax...I think. They were listed individually and had dropped the last two days...I use/have a DW tandem hat and 8s are best with it...and I have a small collection of 8" splashes I can swap in and out. I already have a 15" Natural flat hat top which I did some recording with...came out all right...

Latest posts