Amazon deals thread

shnootre

Reaction score
Man, after all that about the Paiste 602 Hi-Hats for under $300, I just got an ad for them in my email inbox. Absolutely no chance, I reckon, based on list experience, that this is real - it will be a bottom, and then a fight for a refund, right? (the price at the time of posting is $285, and "cymbals" are clearly advertised)

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wish these were 14s or 15s... if you like 13" hi hats, this is a great deal. UFIP Class series are beautiful cymbals.
I've seen so many great deals on 13's that I wish I liked them as primary hats. I've even thought about adding a set on an auxiliary stand on the right side of my kit. Those are beautiful!

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Man, after all that about the Paiste 602 Hi-Hats for under $300, I just got an ad for them in my email inbox. Absolutely no chance, I reckon, based on list experience, that this is real - it will be a bottom, and then a fight for a refund, right? (the price at the time of posting is $285, and "cymbals" are clearly advertised)

Here is an update-

The seller, "Hi-Fi-Soundconnection" claimed that "Amazon mislabeled the item as a 'pair'" and they could not honor the price. They said they removed the item (although I could still see it on my end). They offered me a 14" Paiste 602 ME bottom cymbal at a discount or a full refund. I took the refund.

Cymbal is on it's way back to them. I will update if/when I receive the refund.

Again, my suggestion would be to stick to items sold BY Amazon and not THROUGH Amazon because the return system is better and refunds-at least for me, a Prime member, are issued as soon as UPS logs the item in.

Stay tuned....

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Here is an update-

The seller, "Hi-Fi-Soundconnection" claimed that "Amazon mislabeled the item as a 'pair'" and they could not honor the price. They said they removed the item (although I could still see it on my end). They offered me a 14" Paiste 602 ME bottom cymbal at a discount or a full refund. I took the refund.

Again, my suggestion would be to stick to items sold BY Amazon and not THROUGH Amazon because the return system is better and refunds-at least for me, a Prime member, are issued as soon as UPS logs the item in.

Stay tuned....
They still have them listed

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
Wish these were 14s or 15s... if you like 13" hi hats, this is a great deal. UFIP Class series are beautiful cymbals.
These arrived today and look good. They came in a plastic bag in a reasonably sized box with sufficient airbags that they weren't rattling around at all. That's a first from Amazon. Hope to get them on the stand tomorrow for a spin. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for posting this one Rich.

shnootre

Reaction score
Here is an update-

Stay tuned....
Yeah - the deal I quoted is clearly the same deal from the the same seller. I don’t really understand their game, tho. I mean, isn’t the price they’re charging essentially the correct price for one of those hats? Clearly they have no interest in correcting the ad, bit what’s really in it for them?

Thanks for keeping us updated on this, Mongrel.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ok, latest update on the "unbelievable 602s" saga...

I was called by a rep from Hi-Fi-SoundConnection who let me know item was received. He asked it I would like a refund or exchange. I said "refund". Received Amazon confirmation that a full refund was being issued for the 602 hi-hat cymbal.

Life is good....

The End

lol

shnootre

Reaction score
Except it’s not quite the end, because they are still advertising the pair at the price you clicked on. It clearly was no error, but I still can’t quite figure out the angle.

I am glad you got your refund, tho!

Ok, latest update on the "unbelievable 602s" saga...

I was called by a rep from Hi-Fi-SoundConnection who let me know item was received. He asked it I would like a refund or exchange. I said "refund". Received Amazon confirmation that a full refund was being issued for the 602 hi-hat cymbal.

Life is good....

The End

lol

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Except it’s not quite the end, because they are still advertising the pair at the price you clicked on. It clearly was no error, but I still can’t quite figure out the angle.

I am glad you got your refund, tho!
Yea, you know what? You are right. I will contact Amazon and let them know what's going on...

Thanks for the kick in the pants!

stevil

Reaction score
I've bought several items from Hi-Fi-SoundConnection in the past and they have always been smooth transactions. One required a return/replacement, and they gave me no problems. It's possible that the ongoing listing is due to how Amazon lists the item, and that HiFi isn't able to correct the listing without Amazon changing an item code. I'm just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. Amazon is a monolith and I doubt their third-party sellers have absolute control over how items appear when browsing its site.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've bought several items from Hi-Fi-SoundConnection in the past and they have always been smooth transactions. One required a return/replacement, and they gave me no problems. It's possible that the ongoing listing is due to how Amazon lists the item, and that HiFi isn't able to correct the listing without Amazon changing an item code. I'm just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. Amazon is a monolith and I doubt their third-party sellers have absolute control over how items appear when browsing its site.
You kow-I believe you. I received a phone call direct from Hi-Fi-Soundconnection letting me know they recieved the cymbal back and double checking that I wanted a refund and not an exchange-NO sales pitch no pressure, just "hey is this what you would like to do?"

I have no issue with how they have handled it, other than incorrect listing info-(and let's face it-did anyone REALLY expect to get a set of 602 MEs for $285?). My credit card was issued a full-refund, posted yesterday so other than a "should have known better" and a trip up the street to UPS, I am out nothing. Pretty much just played the lottery and got my dollar back....lol.

Thanks for posting that stevil, good for people to know and not base their opinion of these guys on my experience.

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
These arrived today and look good. They came in a plastic bag in a reasonably sized box with sufficient airbags that they weren't rattling around at all. That's a first from Amazon. Hope to get them on the stand tomorrow for a spin. Looking forward to it.
I'm not prepared to take more than slight credit for this at all, but I got an Istanbul Mehmet Legend for 110, maybe 90 dollars off, because of a ding from insufficient packaging the other month. Maybe a memo went out—"hey, pack the damn pies correctly!".

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw this out there for you:
Pearl Session Studio Classic Shell pack $699 - this is a great price on an excellent kit.
Same quality as the current Pearl Masters, imo.
In fact, I sold my masters in favor of the Session kit.
Looks like you can get a free 14" floor tom with them. There's tax and a shipping fee on top of that price...

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
ZZounds has a few Sabian cymbals on closeout. Great deal on this HHX China.

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think this is worth a mention...Wuhan 17" Linear Smash for $80 from the LI Drum Center
I have a trio of Wuhan linear 5 side splash crashes that are amazing. If I didn't have something similar from Sabian I'd have pulled the trigger.

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
OK...so not Amazon...and before posting...I bought one and it fit my 10" Toca FG Djembe....not a lot of padding but...

a $7 drum bag for djembes and the like....I may buy two more (one for a talking drum/another for a 2nd djembe)...a review points out that the handle is in a funny place...so when you carry it the bottom of the drum is higher/drum isn't level...not sure it matters...and mine didn't come with a shoulder strap...which might have been a mistake.

Burps

Reaction score

Latest posts