$124.65 ($231 elsewhere)

Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals Modern Series R-CRR20 20-Inch Radiant Rock Crash Cymbal

$136.94 ($329 elsewhere)

Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals X-Perience Series XXM-CP18 18-Inch X-Metal Power Crash

$139.43 ($294 elsewhere)

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sweet. I snagged that 17" Istanbul dark traditional.
Nice! I was on the fence, leaning towards not, since I snagged a Bos Trad in the same size on this thread. If it's anything like this one, I think you'll be most pleased.

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice! I was on the fence, leaning towards not, since I snagged a Bos Trad in the same size on this thread. If it's anything like this one, I think you'll be most pleased.
I've got a 17" Bosphorus Antique that I'm on the fence about. Hoping I'll love this one.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sweet. I snagged that 17" Istanbul dark traditional.
Excellent! I picked up yesterday the 13" traditional hi hats for $137. A super bargain! As soon as I bought them, they went up to $251 immediately.
I'm putting them up on the right on an auxiliary mount. Can't wait!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
For anyone interested:
The second one I posted, the 17" Murathan is an incredible cymbal. I picked it up months ago in 17" & 20". The 20" is my favorite crash that I own. They are super powerful, heavy and bright!

Targalx

Reaction score
Oh man!

$157.74 for a 22" Istanbul Mehmet Traditional Flat Ride. I recently got the 20" for $160. Very quiet, clean and very low pitched cymbal.
I think this one has rivets in it.

I bought this 22" and just played it at its first gig this past Sunday. A total score, sounds beautiful, and yes, it has a few rivets. Plus, it was actually $152 when I bought it! Thanks for posting.

tarocco

Reaction score
Heads up to steer clear of this one once my return gets back in stock:

I bought the last one for $196.95 and it arrived today, significant dent on the edge and scuffed up like it's well used. It's going back which is too bad, great sounding cymbal I probably would have kept without the dent. btw - I'm amazed cymbals ever arrive in decent shape with Amazon's awful packing. As usual this was rattling around in a big, deformed cardboard box with a plastic bag as the only protection.

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Heads up to steer clear of this one once my return gets back in stock:

I bought the last one for $196.95 and it arrived today, significant dent on the edge and scuffed up like it's well used. It's going back which is too bad, great sounding cymbal I probably would have kept without the dent. btw - I'm amazed cymbals ever arrive in decent shape with Amazon's awful packing. As usual this was rattling around in a big, deformed cardboard box with a plastic bag as the only protection.
It really is a shame how many nice cymbals are being destroyed at the hands of Amazon shipping. They really should have a musical instruments division for selling/shipping items. At least an automatic note applied to the pick ticket to package a certain way. Bummer!

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I managed to carefully file smooth the one that was damaged in my case, a 20" Mehmet Legend they gave me for like 100 after I reported it. It sounded too nice to send back. It's holding up as we speak! Of course, you can't stop watching these things, though.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Amazon is TERRIBLE at shipping cymbals.
I've had 1 arrive damaged out of over 10+ ordered. They have all been thrown in an oversized box with zero packaging. I don't know how they have made it safe. My last order 2 weeks ago had a new issue: They packaged the wrong cymbals! They were supposed to be Mehmet 13" traditional hats and they delivered Mehmet 13" Origin Dark hats inside a bag that was labeled 13" traditional. Not only were they the wrong cymbals but they looked used and they had sealed the bag with packing tape. I sent them back and they have shipped a replacement which already arrived but I'm not home to see them till the weekend. Hopefully they are correct this time and undamaged!
2 things that are a gamble with Amazon: Cymbals and head's!
I've received used (very used) Aquarian heads that were supposed to be new and damaged heads. And they shipped them in the little thin Aquarian box! All they did was slap a label on the box and that was it. Ridiculous!

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've had 1 arrive damaged out of over 10+ ordered. They have all been thrown in an oversized box with zero packaging. I don't know how they have made it safe. My last order 2 weeks ago had a new issue: They packaged the wrong cymbals! They were supposed to be Mehmet 13" traditional hats and they delivered Mehmet 13" Origin Dark hats inside a bag that was labeled 13" traditional. Not only were they the wrong cymbals but they looked used and they had sealed the bag with packing tape. I sent them back and they have shipped a replacement which already arrived but I'm not home to see them till the weekend. Hopefully they are correct this time and undamaged!
2 things that are a gamble with Amazon: Cymbals and head's!
I've received used (very used) Aquarian heads that were supposed to be new and damaged heads. And they shipped them in the little thin Aquarian box! All they did was slap a label on the box and that was it. Ridiculous!
I've gotten some with enough fingerprints to make me wonder if they were used...

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've gotten some with enough fingerprints to make me wonder if they were used...
You know, I've wondered the same thing on a couple of the cymbals I've received. Their is no way those things come out of the factory in that shape considering they are QC'd & placed in a bag at the factory. I mean, at a store they are taken out to be displayed so it would be more likely to get fingerprints. At Amazon, it gets shipped to the distribution center, shelved and then shipped to you when you order it which means nobody should ever really touch the cymbal. Weird!
The only reason I keep buying them thru Amazon is because of the ridiculously blowout prices that can be found on all these Pro cymbals. But other than cymbals, I've learned to just stick to buying stuff from Amazon that I know id prepackaged and sealed from the factory. Gibraltar hardware for example, I have found always arrives OK. It's a hard almost impossible to break item and it comes factory vacuum packed.
I think it's time for an "Amazon good & bad shipping examples" thread! LOL!!

Last edited:

Latest posts