Amazon deals thread

chillybase

Reaction score
Now Amazon but I was able to purchase a mint Zildjian A Sweet Ride for a decent price on Reverb.

EDIT: Received the cymbal and it was in mint condition / new condition. I usually see this go for $324 new. I got this one sub $200.

Last edited:

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Cascio's used are essentially new. They list their use cymbals on ebay too. They are great to deal with.

gmiller598

Reaction score
Cascio's used are essentially new. They list their use cymbals on ebay too. They are great to deal with.
Mine definitely didn't look like they had even been hit and each of them came in a black Crescent cymbal bag and a plastic bag. They had the old Sabian logo so had probably been in their warehouse for a bit but easily worth the price.

daveplaydrum

Reaction score

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I was watching that for a long time... I bought the same model in 21" and it's a great crash and left side ride. Glad someone grabbed it.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Need a heavier ride that has tone/feel? Great deal here!

That thing probably sounds great. I have the same 24" ping but it's the x-cast metal and I really dislike it. I literally have used it maybe 10 times and I can't get myself to like the darn sound. No matter where you strike it (body or bell), it's got the same sound and ridiculous amounts of wash. I think I'm about to put it up for sale!

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That thing probably sounds great. I have the same 24" ping but it's the x-cast metal and I really dislike it. I literally have used it maybe 10 times and I can't get myself to like the darn sound. No matter where you strike it (body or bell), it's got the same sound and ridiculous amounts of wash. I think I'm about to put it up for sale!
I feel you on the x-cast line. I tried an 18" x-cast jazz medium crash that looked awesome, but sounded very choked and lifeless. Any traditional I have tried has been great, very dynamic.

icetech

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
I bought this set about 2 years ago and not one of them has been off my kit.. totally love them and the price is really insane for what you get. (under 400 is a bargin easily)
ah...your killin' me...I'm not so into 14" hats but if you sold them for $150...than your looking at $100 each for the ride and crash...and you get a bag to boot... oh well...bad timing...for me.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I bought this set about 2 years ago and not one of them has been off my kit.. totally love them and the price is really insane for what you get. (under 400 is a bargin easily)
Damn! Back up to $600+.

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There are some great Mehmet deals to be had:

I'd LOVE to hear this one.. 24" with Turk bottom & rivets. Neat!

mtarrani

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'd LOVE to hear this one.. 24" with Turk bottom & rivets. Neat!

I did not see any rivets and brought up the 22" version on YouTube and no rivets there either. Hmmmm ... I think they were unaware that "sizzle" has a very specific meaning when it comes to cymbals when they named it. Otherwise I would have jumped on it myself.

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I did not see any rivets and brought up the 22" version on YouTube and no rivets there either. Hmmmm ... I think they were unaware that "sizzle" has a very specific meaning when it comes to cymbals when they named it. Otherwise I would have jumped on it myself.

This one has riverts. They use generic pics on Amazon and most other sites for Istanbul cymbals. The product code RVJ-SZ24 shows the "SZ" in the code, if it were non-riveted it would be RVJ-24. Hope this helps!

Latest posts