Amazon deals thread

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It was around $615. $645 after tax. (No, I’m not the guy who bought it, but yes, I did come very, very close.)

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah around 600. That was an absolute steal, If I hadn't bought two kits in the last year (including a stop sign badge 20/12/14 for about the same price!) I'da hopped on it.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Finally Amazon is back to doing the blowout prices on the Mehmet's. I just picked up a 20" Radiant China for $125. Incredible price for this monster china! I looked them up elsewhere and they run for like $350. I'll be watching daily again for deals.
radiant.png

Last edited:

Vicegrips

Reaction score
For another $50, when they are back in stock, you get the same box set but with a crash cymbal added. Great for rehearsals and quiet quiet gigs.
I preferred the 14 hh, 16 crash, 18 ride box that sells for $300. But again not in stock yet.

My store has been waiting 3 months for our backorder. Supposedly Zildjian will be shipping them again later this month.
I got the 14, 16, 18 set with mesh heads for a new Pearl Export set. Wonderful! Bought an L80 20" ride from local GC used department. Exactly what I wanted.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Heads up that Amazon workers are on strike starting tomorrow, demanding safer working conditions. Those of you who wouldn’t cross an in-person picket line, please respect this line.
I didn't know about that till now. I won't be purchasing anything from Amazon tomorrow. Thanks for posting!

Last edited:

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
SOME Amazon workers and SOME workers from other companies will be striking. This is something very loosely organized. Most workers will simply go to work and continue doing their jobs.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Working conditions are desperately unsafe. Not getting a paycheck is also desperately unsafe, so _some_ people will make that their individual priority, regardless of anyone else. But if working conditions are improved, then _everyone_ can safely earn a paycheck. The people who chose to strike are sacrificing for the benefit of all their coworkers.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Working conditions are desperately unsafe. Not getting a paycheck is also desperately unsafe, so _some_ people will make that their individual priority, regardless of anyone else. But if working conditions are improved, then _everyone_ can safely earn a paycheck. The people who chose to strike are sacrificing for the benefit of all their coworkers.
I agree with every thing that you have said and I also share your values about collective bargaining and workers' safety and rights. Do be aware though, that an across the board purchase moratorium hurts Amazon's third party sellers who ship from their own locations using their own workforce. I recently purchased a cymbal that was fulfilled and shipped from Gear Tree. Had it shipped from Amazon using Amazon's at-risk workforce I would have held off or gone to eBay.

felis

Reaction score
Awesome deal on a Gretsch Renown 20, 10, 12, 14 in piano black.
These are listed as used, like new. Often it means a return or a found lost box or who knows. Often this "used" stuff from Amazon is really new. Sometimes a set will be missing a box and show up incomplete, but they take returns and pay for return shipping. So... if you're looking for a deal on a Gretsch renown, this may be it.

What was the price? It just shows not in stock now.

icetech

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Finally Amazon is back to doing the blowout prices on the Mehmet's. I just picked up a 20" Radiant China for $125. Incredible price for this monster china! I looked them up elsewhere and they run for like $350. I'll be watching daily again for deals.
Damn good deal :) i am running all mehmet sultans now.. and one bosphorus.. i love amazon deals :) I need to get a good cheap stand though

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Damn good deal :) i am running all mehmet sultans now.. and one bosphorus.. i love amazon deals :) I need to get a good cheap stand though
Cool! I'm up to like 10 Mehmet's so far thanks to Amazon! LOL!!

Latest posts