Amazon deals thread

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So much for my $125 Mehmet China bargain. Sat home today waiting since it was out for delivery. Suddenly I get an email from Amazon saying that their was an issue with shipping. I go in my account and their is no explanation, just a note that they are sending it back and refunding me. That's a new one to me! It says undeliverable so someone on their end apparently screwed up. They give no option to redeliver. That means I will get a refund and the cymbal will be up for sale again at it's regular price. Stinks!
And of course talking to someone at Amazon leads to nowhere. I guess it wasn't meant to be on this one. You can't win them all!
IMG_20200509_165715.jpg

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So much for my $125 Mehmet China bargain. Sat home today waiting since it was out for delivery. Suddenly I get an email from Amazon saying that their was an issue with shipping. I go in my account and their is no explanation, just a note that they are sending it back and refunding me. That's a new one to me! It says undeliverable so someone on their end apparently screwed up. They give no option to redeliver. That means I will get a refund and the cymbal will be up for sale again at it's regular price. Stinks!
And of course talking to someone at Amazon leads to nowhere. I guess it wasn't meant to be on this one. You can't win them all!
View attachment 440511
The part where you will not be issued a refund until 3-5 business days after the return is processed is interesting when you had nothing to do with the item being returned and you hadn't received the item yet. Kind of B/S.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The part where you will not be issued a refund until 3-5 business days after the return is processed is interesting when you had nothing to do with the item being returned and you hadn't received the item yet. Kind of B/S.
They took my money the day I ordered and I had it shipped thru Prime and that took over a week + transit time + the error and return and refund time. Absolute BS! I found out what it was: I wanted it delivered to an Amazon locker and the delivery person says that the box didn't fit in the locker. Whenever something won't fit, Amazon tells you during the checkout process. In this case, they didn't! But it's upsetting that they never offered me an option to reroute it to my house on another day.
But whatever! I won't lose sleep over this. Another deal will eventually show up again!

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They took my money the day I ordered and I had it shipped thru Prime and that took over a week + transit time + the error and return and refund time. Absolute BS! I found out what it was: I wanted it delivered to an Amazon locker and the delivery person says that the box didn't fit in the locker. Whenever something won't fit, Amazon tells you during the checkout process. In this case, they didn't! But it's upsetting that they never offered me an option to reroute it to my house on another day.
But whatever! I won't lose sleep over this. Another deal will eventually show up again!
They must have found another giant ass box to put your cymbal in without any packing material. Something is different about how these get boxed up.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They must have found another giant ass box to put your cymbal in without any packing material. Something is different about how these get boxed up.
Yeah, like always! It's ridiculous. It's amazing all the other ones I've bought have survived the trip. Their was one that didn't: Giant box that not only was big but also wide. The thing must have danced around like crazy till it arrived here and it had a giant dent on the edge. Crazy!

anthony marquart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
yeah,.. that is an insane deal also.. Soultone still seems to be under rated. I don't guess it will be that way forever,.. then the deals will disappear..

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
The name and the logo are not good. I think that is a large problem to overcome.
The logo comes off easily. The name may not be good, but I can attest that their cymbals are. I own a LOT of them. Not my go-to brand, mind you, but they are every bit as good as Zildjian of which I've owned well over 100 over the years, or Istanbul Mehmet (another Turkish brand of which I once owned a full set and regretted selling.) My go-to brand is Dream Bliss. I have a set that I've carefully acquired over the past 15 or so years and are keepers. By the way, I have a full set of the Custom Brilliant RA line of Soultones with 14" hats that I'll put them against anything Zildjian makes any day.

anthony marquart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The logo comes off easily. The name may not be good, but I can attest that their cymbals are. I own a LOT of them. Not my go-to brand, mind you, but they are every bit as good as Zildjian of which I've owned well over 100 over the years, or Istanbul Mehmet (another Turkish brand of which I once owned a full set and regretted selling.) My go-to brand is Dream Bliss. I have a set that I've carefully acquired over the past 15 or so years and are keepers. By the way, I have a full set of the Custom Brilliant RA line of Soultones with 14" hats that I'll put them against anything Zildjian makes any day.
I have a full set of custom brilliant RA too. Freaking great great!

Latest posts