Amazon deals thread

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
Probably worth putting the review in the cymbal section....I was worried my order was going to be cancelled since its not due to arrive until Saturday...and it hadn't shipped...well...it shipped today...Looking forward to getting my 3 Ravens...I'm curious how it'll compare to the Soultone naturals I have (which are raw on both sides...)...

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Probably worth putting the review in the cymbal section....I was worried my order was going to be cancelled since its not due to arrive until Saturday...and it hadn't shipped...well...it shipped today...Looking forward to getting my 3 Ravens...I'm curious how it'll compare to the Soultone naturals I have (which are raw on both sides...)...
I am guessing that these are closest to my Soultone Customs. When I review them (I'll post here and cross-post in the Cymbal Forum) I'll compare them.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
This is not a review by any stretch, but I thought that I would give [incomplete] first impressions. Mine arrived as ordered, so what I paid for is what I received.

I mounted the 15" hats, the 17" crash as a right side ride and the 19" crash as the left side ride (I often play a slightly smaller right side ride than my LSR.) I left the 21" ride in the bag for now.

The two "crashes" were pretty heavy, especially considering that I ordered the light weight set. However, they are perfect crash/rides and the emphasis is on ride. You really need to whack them to crash them. Since I do not use crash cymbals these two are perfect for me. I was going to flip them, but I plan to put a three rivet cluster in the 17" and use the 19" as my right side ride when I am using my Odery and perhaps my Yamaha small kits. I will say that both "crashes" are a lot higher pitched than my Soultone cymbals from the Custom family, but are very similar to my Soultone Latin models.

It's been over a decade since I've owned or played 15" hats. These are pretty heavy and higher pitched than I normally play but they are very easy to control and their dynamic range is impressive. I had them whisper quiet at the PPP (maybe PP) level and easily brought them up to FF or FFF. These are definitely hats that I will only occasionally use, but I like them and like the two crashes I am impressed.

More after I weigh them, mount and play the 21" ride and have time to absorb their nuances.

Reactions: dtk

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Those look great! And for the price you paid they seem pretty amazing. The last 3 seem to be very similar to Mehmet's traditional series. I don't know about Symrna but alot of the "other brands" Turkish cymbals are made by the big brand Turkish makers so you basically get the same quality cymbal with a different label. Enjoy them!
Thanks! For the price offered, they were a steal. No question. To get full sets of Turkish cymbals for between $140 to $180 (bags included) is totally amazing. I do know the low prices didn't last long (typical with Amazon), and recognition (and thanks!) needs to go to jtpaistegeist for bringing it to our attention.

Your comparison to the Neo Classics being similar to the Mehmet traditionals is dead on. It would not surprise me in the least if they come from the same foundry.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Just briefly checked out the 21 inch ride. Defined ping with some overtones, very strong bell and longer than expected sustain. That may sound counter-intuitive given the ping, but that is the way I hear and feel it. Interestingly, the 21 is higher pitched than the 19. This set reminds me of the Zildjian Armand series in many respects. And while I don't have a lot of experience with Paiste, it has the clarity of the few that I have played. These are keepers.

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Received my setup today and just got them weighed and tested a bit. They are definteily in line with the other Turkish traditional lines. I have the thin set (neo-classic), and they are all quite thin and responsive, the ride being the only one that is more "medium" in feel. The quality is legit and the 19" thin crash is amazingly similar to my 19" Bosphorus Trad thin crash. I was surprised by the hats, they are shimmery and light. They actually remind me of my 602 classics.

Definitey a nice set to add to the collection. They blend seamlessly with my other Turkish pies.

15" Thin hats - 988/1210
17" Thin Crash - 1218
19" Thin Crash - 1530
21" Thin Ride - 2450

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just briefly checked out the 21 inch ride. Defined ping with some overtones, very strong bell and longer than expected sustain. That may sound counter-intuitive given the ping, but that is the way I hear and feel it. Interestingly, the 21 is higher pitched than the 19. This set reminds me of the Zildjian Armand series in many respects. And while I don't have a lot of experience with Paiste, it has the clarity of the few that I have played. These are keepers.

Agreed on the Paiste aspect. These really remind me of 602 Classics. Except the whole set was less than a new 602 10" splash!

Last edited:

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

These are awesome. I had a 20" crash. Should have kept it.
That swish is a great deal. Anatolians are excellent cymbals. I bought a bunch of Baris's and Ultimates when they were blowing them out a few years ago. I use them all the time.

nopork

Reaction score
I got the 21,19,17,15 hat set today. They’re a steal for the money and sound awesome. The only problems was the packaging. Typical Amazon but I think these cane directly from the Distributor and only had the original box along with the cymbals in plastic bags inside the included cymbal bag. No other packing and the outside box was in shreds upon arrival, but amazingly the cymbals survived with no damage. Nice dark sound to the neon classic medium thins.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I got the 21,19,17,15 hat set today. They’re a steal for the money and sound awesome. The only problems was the packaging. Typical Amazon but I think these cane directly from the Distributor and only had the original box along with the cymbals in plastic bags inside the included cymbal bag. No other packing and the outside box was in shreds upon arrival, but amazingly the cymbals survived with no damage. Nice dark sound to the neon classic medium thins.
Mine were packaged the same way, except the box was intact. Trust me, even with your tattered box your packaging was infinitely superior to Amazon's normal habit of throwing an unprotected, loose cymbal inside an oversized box.

nopork

Reaction score
Mine were packaged the same way, except the box was intact. Trust me, even with your tattered box your packaging was infinitely superior to Amazon's normal habit of throwing an unprotected, loose cymbal inside an oversized box.
Yes I know what you mean. I went through a bunch of that with them a few years back.

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Both my sets had the Symrna boxes inside a typical oversized Amazon box. The New Classic box was actually put inside an Amazon box that was literally 4-1/2 feet tall! I couldn't believe it, even by their standards. :scratch:

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
Got my Raven's yesterday...the Amazon box took a hit but makers box was fine...as someone else noted...my 20" ride was a 20" crash...thought about complaining for an additional discount but...I'm happy and I don't have a 20" crash....and it might serve as a decent crash ride (or I could sell it and lower the cost of the others...