Amazon deals thread

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Got my Raven's yesterday...the Amazon box took a hit but makers box was fine...as someone else noted...my 20" ride was a 20" crash...thought about complaining for an additional discount but...I'm happy and I don't have a 20" crash....and it might serve as a decent crash ride (or I could sell it and lower the cost of the others...
The two crashes that came with my Neo-Classic (thin) 21, 19, 17, 15 set are excellent crash rides. The 17, as it turns out, is more crash-able than ride-able than I indicated in my first impressions post, but that one is getting a 3-rivet cluster and will be perfect for my normal gigs, which are usually in cramped spaces. I have a hi-hat pairing that goes with the smaller sizes better than the 15s that shipped with the set: a Soultone 12" custom brilliant hi-hat bottom and a Wuhan 12" splash for the top. Nice combination actually.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score

VinSparkle

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

lrod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sabian AAX 16" Dark crash, $104.88. Don't go by the picture which shows it as a 19". I verified the part number and the URL and it's a 16" that's for sale. These have been discontinued (old Sabian). Memphis Drum shop has it for $160 so it's a good deal for $104.88.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sabian AAX 16" Dark crash, $104.88. Don't go by the picture which shows it as a 19". I verified the part number and the URL and it's a 16" that's for sale. These have been discontinued (old Sabian). Memphis Drum shop has it for $160 so it's a good deal for $104.88.
I haven't used a 16" crash in ages, probably not since the mid-1990s. But at that price, I'm almost tempted!

lrod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't used a 16" crash in ages, probably not since the mid-1990s. But at that price, I'm almost tempted!
One of the crashes from the set that I just got is a 16" HHX Thin crash and it sounds pretty amazing. I've always had at least one 16" as part of my setup!
Here is a video of the AAX dark that Amazon has. For someone that likes a dark/bright combined sound, it's pretty darn awesome for $105:

drummingbulldog

Reaction score
One of the crashes from the set that I just got is a 16" HHX Thin crash and it sounds pretty amazing. I've always had at least one 16" as part of my setup!
Here is a video of the AAX dark that Amazon has. For someone that likes a dark/bright combined sound, it's pretty darn awesome for $105:
I have a set of AAX in 14/16/18. They sound really excellent and are consistent as a set in tone/feel/volume. My 16" K Custom dark crash and AAX 16" together don't sound all that different. The AAX costs a whole lot less. The end.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a set of AAX in 14/16/18. They sound really excellent and are consistent as a set in tone/feel/volume. My 16" K Custom dark crash and AAX 16" together don't sound all that different. The AAX costs a whole lot less. The end.
Yeah, I typically play a set of AAX Dark Crashes as 18/19/20 with a 22" AAX Metal Ride for my harder rock gigs. I had the crashes refurbished by Sabian (https://sabian.com/cymbal-refresh/) over the years, and they're still great after about a dozen years of pretty heavy playing (2B sticks).

I used to say (and still do sometimes) that Sabians are the best cymbals that the Zildjians are making these days.

drummingbulldog

Reaction score
Yeah, I typically play a set of AAX Dark Crashes as 18/19/20 with a 22" AAX Metal Ride for my harder rock gigs. I had the crashes refurbished by Sabian (https://sabian.com/cymbal-refresh/) over the years, and they're still great after about a dozen years of pretty heavy playing (2B sticks).

I used to say (and still do sometimes) that Sabians are the best cymbals that the Zildjians are making these days.
I've played Sabian for years. I never knew they offered that. I still think cymbal companies should offer a stencil/logo kit for the guys who get weird once the label is cleaned off. Too many douchenozzle types would sell as new though.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bosphorus 16-Inch Master Series Crash Cymbal $125.71!
Retails for $248 elsewhere:

Bosphorus 15-Inch Traditional Series Crash Cymbal $139.53! Retails for $182 elsewhere:

Bosphorus 17-Inch Antique Series China Cymbal $172.27! Retails for $226 elsewhere:

Istanbul Mehmet Empire 20-Inch Medium Ride Cymbal $170.93!
Retails for $314.99 elsewhere: