Amazon deals thread

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
$117 for a damn nice, B20, hand hammered ride:

Yeah I’ve been telling myself for a day and a half that I don’t need that. I couldn’t find a single recording of that model, all of Soultone’s demo videos just had the crash ride versions.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve been telling myself for a day and a half that I don’t need that. I couldn’t find a single recording of that model, all of Soultone’s demo videos just had the crash ride versions.
I own the 23". Trust me, it's a deal.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a replacement on the way. Hopefully it comes in one piece. Have to say this is a really nice sounding ride though. 21" legend ride at 2144g, has two rivets. I'll compare the other one, if I like this one better, maybe I'll just keep it, flea bites and all.
Got my replacement today, no damage. They sound identical, which surprised me being hand made. These Mehmet Legend rides just sound gorgeous. I think the Mehmet Legend is supposed to be the Mel Lewis equivalent. Not sure how close it is, but this is a lifetime keeper ride cymbal.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a replacement on the way. Hopefully it comes in one piece. Have to say this is a really nice sounding ride though. 21" legend ride at 2144g, has two rivets. I'll compare the other one, if I like this one better, maybe I'll just keep it, flea bites and all.
Isn't that a crap decision to have to make though?

daveplaydrum

Reaction score
Just order one to try it out and if you don’t like it then Amazon has a great return policy.

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nice deal on a Sabian AA Orchestral Suspended:

I would jump on it, but I have too many 19" cymbals. And too many cymbals in general. Holy cow, I think I'm up to 50 or 60 cymbals now.

Dumpy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

High on Stress

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I would jump on it, but I have too many 19" cymbals. And too many cymbals in general. Holy cow, I think I'm up to 50 or 60 cymbals now.
Really trying to avoid succumbing to these cymbal deals for the same reasons, especially now that I don’t have gigs where I can rotate gear into use more often. On the other hand, cymbals don’t take up as much space as drums ... excuse me, I need to call my sponsor now.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Bosphorus Cymbals A18CT 18-Inch Antique Series Crash Cymbal $184
That’s about $50 cheaper than elsewhere online.

Bosphorus Cymbals T19CP 19-Inch Traditional Series Crash Cymbal $209
About $60 cheaper than elsewhere.

Bosphorus Cymbals T20RT 20-Inch Traditional Series Ride Cymbal $236

Last edited:

Ian S

Reaction score
:cool: Thanks! A potential bottom hi-hat.
Of course that’s up to you, but the last time I ordered one of these Traditional crashes it was extremely thin. Not sure the bottom hat is the best application for it.
Yep, you nailed it. This 15" Bosphorus is a thin crash, so I'll try it as a top hat and see. It's a very nice little cymbal though, for $90, ..my first Bosphorus. : )

Attachments

Dumpy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Scottie15

Reaction score
I'll never understand this. A single cymbal loose in the box.

View attachment 469533
Same exact thing happened to me with a pair of HHX Complex Hats. There was a big flea bite on the cymbals, most likely form being dropped while being lose in a giant box. I got the cymbals dirt cheap though and I don't think he had any replacements, so I just kept them. I don't think those flea bites will affect the sound.
bottomhatbite.jpg
bottomhatbite2.jpg