Amazon deals thread

stuart s

Reaction score
Yes, you probably could do that. Or, you could help out a young drummer who doesn't have a set to play? Just a thought. :cool:
or give away my sons Breakbeats and give him this one! I have a feeling more of these are blowing out soon, probly sitting in the warehouse since 2016, maybe they can relabel them Pearl Duo Decades..... the badges say Made in China, not very appealing then and even less now. Just dont pair them with Wuhans and make it worse.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score

todfitz

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got a wild deal from Amazon, perhaps unintentionally. I bought the 15" Bosphorus crash kindly posted here and wound up really liking it. So, I ordered a 20" ride from that same line $236 US very reasonable.

But!
They also sent a 24" Turk flat ride super light that is pretty amazing out the box - no break in.
So 20" Antique ride plus 24" Turk flat for $236

Of course they arrived loose in an un fitted box that was half way split open, but that's Amazon for ya.
I have received several cymbals from Amazon with the edges roughed up due to lousy packaging but you can always return them.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up regarding those really cheap Roadrunner cymbal bags.
If you ordered more than one, but they only shipped one, check your credit card or paypal balance.
I ordered 2, but got a note that they only shipped one. When I went to my paypal activity, it shows that only $16 was deducted. BUT, since I keep a ledger with my paypal balance, I noticed that my paypal balance was short $16.
Turns out Guitar center kept the other $16 on hold as they left the order for the other cymbal bag open. Paypal's policy is to wait 30 days before the money would be available again unless I got Guitar Center to cancel the order.
SO...if you ordered more than one, but only got one, check your credit card or paypal and make sure to have GC cancel the order so you won't have to wait a long time for your money back.
Hope this made sense...

amosguy

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up regarding those really cheap Roadrunner cymbal bags.
If you ordered more than one, but they only shipped one, check your credit card or paypal balance.
I ordered 2, but got a note that they only shipped one. When I went to my paypal activity, it shows that only $16 was deducted. BUT, since I keep a ledger with my paypal balance, I noticed that my paypal balance was short $16.
Turns out Guitar center kept the other $16 on hold as they left the order for the other cymbal bag open. Paypal's policy is to wait 30 days before the money would be available again unless I got Guitar Center to cancel the order.
SO...if you ordered more than one, but only got one, check your credit card or paypal and make sure to have GC cancel the order so you won't have to wait a long time for your money back.
Hope this made sense...
I did order 2 bags. GC did ship one separately, then shipped the second bag a week later. They charged my PP account one bag at a time.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did order 2 bags. GC did ship one separately, then shipped the second bag a week later. They charged my PP account one bag at a time.
It's strange...if you look at my PayPal activity it just shows the account charged once. The second wasn't charged to my account, but that amount was "held" and not available to me. I never would have caught it had I not kept my own PayPal ledger.

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
my last 14" cymbal came in a padded envelope with no additional padding....cymbal did ok.