Amazon deals thread

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a great deal for any Istanbul Mehmet. I'm going in blind (well, deaf) on this one, but it can go back if needed. Looks like the kind of crash that makes you wonder why A custom (?) when you can get more flavor. A Customs are good but kind of boring. The Istanbul probably won't be boring.

Last edited:

shadowiq

Reaction score

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd better report back on those! They would have been redundant for me, I suspect, but I was tempted.
Tornado, if you don't mind me jumping ahead in line much, this crash showed up the other day and I'm excited to give my impressions.

This Mehmet is kind of everything I want an A Custom to be. Without stepping over into the A Custom Projection series, it approaches their volume and avoids getting shrill like they do. That's due to the inherent, slight amount of mellowness built into the Mehmet and perhaps an overall trait of Istanbul Cymbals (with a few exceptions). Surprisingly clean and clear in timbre, it has just enough complexity to keep it interesting. A long sustain without gonging and an extremely nice, rich, pure and pinging bell round out the tonal package.

At the $164 total (with some Amazon promotion) I paid for the Mehmet Session, it is one of the best bargains I've met for a cymbal, let alone a high quality pie that rivals other top brand offerings.

The bell alone is worth it, yet it includes a great crash. Another observation is that it blends in very well with my K sweet crashes.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't yet received an Istanbul Mehmet or Bosphorus that didn't sound nice.

My Turk hats delivery date got pushed back a day, and has made some strange stops in Amazon's delivery network. I'm expecting a couple of bronze tacos in an otherwise empty refrigerator box tomorrow.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

My Turk hats delivery date got pushed back a day, and has made some strange stops in Amazon's delivery network. I'm expecting a couple of bronze tacos in an otherwise empty refrigerator box tomorrow.
I’ve been very impressed with Istanbul and had one Bosphorous Gold Ride that I think I must’ve sold, but I remember liking it.

Delivery can be sketchy with cymbals. I had a box show up with the edge of a cymbal visible, but it wasn’t damaged.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been very impressed with Istanbul and had one Bosphorous Gold Ride that I think I must’ve sold, but I remember liking it.

Delivery can be sketchy with cymbals. I had a box show up with the edge of a cymbal visible, but it wasn’t damaged.
I had a Mehmet Ledgend ride show up with flea bites, but got a replacement without problem. I tested them both side by side before I shipped the damaged one back, and was amazed at the consistency. Virtually identical, both sounded amazing. Such a great ride.

daveplaydrum

Reaction score
I had a Mehmet Ledgend ride show up with flea bites, but got a replacement without problem. I tested them both side by side before I shipped the damaged one back, and was amazed at the consistency. Virtually identical, both sounded amazing. Such a great ride.
You can also get a partial refund! I bought a cymbal from Amazon last year with flea bites and when I contacted them they took off like 30% or so. It was already a cheap deal too so the cymbal was only like a fifth of the normal price

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do the shipping department get the cymbal in a bag without fingerprints?

Do they really put on cotton gloves every time?

There were absolutely no visible marks of any kind on the crash.

bonefamily

Reaction score
How do the shipping department get the cymbal in a bag without fingerprints?

Do they really put on cotton gloves every time?

There were absolutely no visible marks of any kind on the crash.
I would imagine it’s likely drop shipped from either the factory, or the music store. Amazon is normally just a selling hub.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would imagine it’s likely drop shipped from either the factory, or the music store. Amazon is normally just a selling hub.
Maybe for cymbals, that's true, but they have enormous fulfillment centers all over the country where huge amounts of spoils and treasure await shipping to American households while teams of overworked and underpaid humans flip, push and otherwise toil over them 24/7/365. That wasn't even the shipping department.

I very brielfy worked (one night) in one and witnessed the machine in action. Bins, racks and shelves of goods stretching deep into a warehouse that looked somewhat like the where they stored the Ark of the Covenant at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

Couldn't believe it, but these were packed incredibly well. They were in the original box that still had the packing slip from Istanbul, Turkey. Bubble wrap, foam and everything. That box was inside another Amazon box which also had packing material.

I LOVE THESE HATS!!! They sound amazing, and feel great! I love the 14" size too. Yet another Bosphorus purchase that I love.