Amazon deals thread

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't believe this 24" Bosphorus Turk flat is only $259!

Here are more Bosphorus deals, some good and some BETTER than good:
Antique 17" crash (paper thin?) for $132
Antique 14" bright hats for $211
Black Pearl 15" hats for $266 (showing out of stock)
Master series 20" ride for $207 -- that's cheaper than the cheapest used one online anywhere -- (showing out of stock)

Last edited:

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Soultone deals:

Extreme 22" crash ride $186

Extreme 24" crash $206

Gospel 23" ride $205

Gospel 26" ride $234

Natural 23" big bell ride $212

Natural 24" big bell ride $211

Natural 22" china $151!!!

Natural 24" flat ride $205

Natural 26" crash $260

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
5.5x14 soft snare drum case, looks to be roughly equivalent to the Humes and Berg Galaxy line, but it's only $19 right now

(The 6.5 depth is $30)

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
A bunch of 16s around 150 each:

Bosphorus Smash Crash $145

Bosphorus Masters Crash (!!) $151

Istanbul Mehmet Turk $153

rayboomboom

Reaction score
A bunch of 16s around 150 each:

Bosphorus Smash Crash $145

Bosphorus Masters Crash (!!) $151

Istanbul Mehmet Turk $153
I just ordered the last Mehmet from Amazon. Thanks LFG for the post.
My first Istanbul cymbal!! Can't wait to hear what it sounds like with my Sabian AA Raw Ride.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Couple of nice prices on 18" Bosphorus crashes, but showing out of stock.

18" Turk with holes $140

18" Turk $152

18" Traditional $143

Then a couple of others

21" Antique ride $205

21" Turk ride $208

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
A couple Istanbul Mehmet deals

18" X-Perience Series XXC-CM18 X-Cast Medium Crash $160

19" Radiant Medium crash $183

And showing out of stock but super cheap,
16" Traditional Paper Thin crash $128!

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
All the 'good' prices are out of stock...looking for a 20" Master. They have a 21" for $259/out of stock..

But, I am pretty sure you could get just as low prices via Sounds Anatolian

Redfern

Reaction score
All the 'good' prices are out of stock...looking for a 20" Master. They have a 21" for $259/out of stock..

But, I am pretty sure you could get just as low prices via Sounds Anatolian
Has anyone bought straight from Sounds Anatolian before? What was the experience like?

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought straight from Sounds Anatolian before? What was the experience like?
I have. FANTASTIC!

I have purchased about 5 cymbals..all delivered/packed well direct from Istanbul to Atlanta, where I am, in 3 days, door-door via DHL. DHL delivers the minute it comes off plane in Atlanta. I follow the tracking and am surprised how efficient they are. As a bonus, they ship FREE. Prices are always somewhat below retail. Though they have a website, I would go to Reverb and buy direct from them. They always accept offers, and have always accepted my offers. No dealing or wheeling. Straight shooters. They are always on ebay, under the name, 'georgianqueen'. I find they are more flexible at Reverb. I think because of high ebay fees. To be honest, I am about to order a Bosphorus Flat Turk Ride or a Masterwork Natural Flat from them. Masterwork prices much less, and make an offer even better.

Usually around Christmas time, they discount BIG on their Reverb site. They sell AGOP/MEHMET/Materwork/Bosphorus/ Anatolian/Turkish.

Two other new sellers that popped up on Reverb, direct from Istanbul: "Cymbal Crash" and "Pilot Garage"...very similar to Sounds Anatolian in offerings. Sometimes I think, they are all one-in-the same. Prices and Make an Offer/DHL 3 day shipping seem to be all similar, as well as selections.
Have not bought from them, but both receive 100% satisfaction from buyers.
Sounds Anatolian also is on Amazon, but better on Reverb, IMO

Last edited:

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would be hesitant ordering off Amazon. I have read, and experienced their packaging. I had purchased a Soultone 20" flat a few years ago. Great deal, @ $135. Came in a box about 22"x22"x3". No packaging or cushion material. It arrived in okay shape, but it was obvious, whoever packed it had little experience in packaging anything

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I would be hesitant ordering off Amazon. I have read, and experienced their packaging. I had purchased a Soultone 20" flat a few years ago. Great deal, @ $135. Came in a box about 22"x22"x3". No packaging or cushion material. It arrived in okay shape, but it was obvious, whoever packed it had little experience in packaging anything
Many of us have experienced those packing jobs. A few of us have gotten damaged cymbals because of it. But a couple of us have also gotten extra cymbals for free. Not me, but I have read the accounts. In all the cymbals I’ve bought off eBay I think there may have been one with an edge ding, but the track record is good and I’ll keep taking advantage of great deals when I see them! Just ordered another cymbal I didn’t need, lol.

High on Stress

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is their “seconds” line, like Goodwood by Vater. Not saying they are bad sticks but they are always cheap.
Dang - I teed up 3 sets of these to order but cancelled, didn't see that they were the seconds.

High on Stress

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Dang - I teed up 3 sets of these to order but cancelled, didn't see that they were the seconds.
You can kind of see the visual “flaws” in the Amazon photos. I don’t know anything about the quality of LA Specials by Promark. I’ve had very good luck with the quality of Goodwoods, but usually I can find first quality Vaters or other brand sticks for less than six bucks a pair (cheap enough for me at my rate of stick consumption) so I just do that when a sale comes up somewhere.

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
i had some LA specials at some pt...i couldn't tell they were 2nds...but i may not be as aware of the flaws as others may be

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I chose not to cancel them and try one of two 3 packs. If they’re really bad I’ll return the other pack, but they’d have to be junk, which I doubt.