Amazon deals thread

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bos Antique 14" hi hats $209
Or you can get four pair for $1466!! lol. How does that work?

I doubt anyone orders multi-pack (of the same) cymbals at a price like that, but I could be wrong. So why would they offer it?

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or you can get four pair for $1466!! lol. How does that work?

I doubt anyone orders multi-pack (of the same) cymbals at a price like that, but I could be wrong. So why would they offer it?
My guess is that they mark down just one option and not the others.

Then there's Walmart. I ordered 4 jars of roasted peppers for like ten bucks or something. A single jar is $44 lol

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That is their “seconds” line, like Goodwood by Vater. Not saying they are bad sticks but they are always cheap.
I've played Jo Jo's from Regal and aside from maybe a minor cosmetic flaw or two ,have been more than adequate.

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I can't get past the name and the logo. I know that's superficial, but I just can't. I'm sure they're as good as any of the handmade Turkish cymbals being produced today, which are awesome.
Theres a reason why Sabian, Zildjian, Paiste, UFIP, Mehmet and AGOP are on professionals stands and it’s not price.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
EDIT: I got excited too early on this. They're "temporarily out of stock" but if they come back anytime soon, I'd be highly tempted.

DrumCraft brings back their Series 8 Lignum snare drums! They're not being blown out like they were several years ago when I picked up the Beech and the Bubinga snares, both 14x6, at less than $250 for both. It might be worth seeing what happens around Black Friday (long way off, but worth it) or just watching DC on amazon. Even at the price they're at now, I'd call it a good deal.

They are among my favorite snares and can punch along with the best of them, if you're asking me.

I'm VERY tempted to pick up the Birch 13x6.5........

https://www.amazon.com/Drum-Craft-D...0/ref=lp_8312576011_1_12?s=specialty-aps&th=1

High on Stress

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
EDIT: I got excited too early on this. They're "temporarily out of stock" but if they come back anytime soon, I'd be highly tempted.

DrumCraft brings back their Series 8 Lignum snare drums! They're not being blown out like they were several years ago when I picked up the Beech and the Bubinga snares, both 14x6, at less than $250 for both. It might be worth seeing what happens around Black Friday (long way off, but worth it) or just watching DC on amazon. Even at the price they're at now, I'd call it a good deal.

They are among my favorite snares and can punch along with the best of them, if you're asking me.

I'm VERY tempted to pick up the Birch 13x6.5........

https://www.amazon.com/Drum-Craft-D...0/ref=lp_8312576011_1_12?s=specialty-aps&th=1
I grabbed that drum when they were on sale before and it’s absolutely a keeper. Recorded a song for a guy who’s gone through a million drummers and is very fussy about sounds and he loved it.

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
Those drum craft snares are such hidden gems. Loved the maple 10x6 I had, and still have my cast bronze

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
As simple as they are, I’m a big fan of the lug design. Something to be said for simplicity.
I think they do a good job of highlighting the shell finish while looking slick at the same time. The brass tension rod receivers make it pop, too.

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I picked up the Beech, Bubinga and the Birch snares when the DC snares were on sale. Kept the beech and the birch. I struggled to like the sound of the bubinga. It was a pretty drum, but if the sound isn't there, it just takes up space. Ended up trading it and some other drums for a DW Collectors kit. It was a good trade overall.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up the Beech, Bubinga and the Birch snares when the DC snares were on sale. Kept the beech and the birch. I struggled to like the sound of the bubinga. It was a pretty drum, but if the sound isn't there, it just takes up space. Ended up trading it and some other drums for a DW Collectors kit. It was a good trade overall.
I hear you on the bubinga. It took awhile for me to get used to. The overall sound is dark yet cutting, with a different kind of harmonic ring from other woods when the drum's left open. It left a pocket of sound open for the guitars in my band that worked for me. I could actually hear them a little better.

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Played some Paiste PST7 hi hats's the other day ,for $160 bucks, they are very 2002ish..

Last edited: