Staff member
Reaction score
Bosphorus 13” Antique crash for $67!

17” Antique crash is $130, still a great price

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Bosphorus is a paper thin crash. I got one of these on Amazon a while back and a paper thin came in...and it's very thin.

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smyrna Raiden open box cymbal set, 20 hand hammered, 20 ride, 18 crash, 16 crash, 14 hi hats, all for $250.
Symrna Cymbals — Made in Istanbul Hand Hammered Box Set Pack — (20"Ride + 18"Crash + 16"Crash + FREE 14"Hi-Hat) — 2 YEAR Warranty — B20 Bronze — Raiden Series https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WW3HH18/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_24HVJ9ZETJMA6DVX4NEQ
If its the same guy who had them on Ebay...he took my offer...about 230 w/shipping and MA Tax....I heard the crashes on youtube and had to pull the trigger.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the Bosphorus is a paper thin crash. I got one of these on Amazon a while back and a paper thin came in...and it's very thin.
I recently bought a 19” Traditional crash and it was supposed to be a thin but I received a cymbal marked paper thin. Strangely, its weight and feel are more like a regular thin. But I have had a paper thin version that was anemic once before.

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a 19” Traditional crash and it was supposed to be a thin but I received a cymbal marked paper thin. Strangely, its weight and feel are more like a regular thin. But I have had a paper thin version that was anemic once before.
I have 19" Traditional Paper Thin on the way. I'm hoping it's thin and a bit anemic for playing in a small room.

Furious Styles

Reaction score
I thought the "CP" designation in the cymbal above was for "power crash." I might be misremembering, but I thought paper thin was noted differently.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought the "CP" designation in the cymbal above was for "power crash." I might be misremembering, but I thought paper thin was noted differently.
The C is for crash, the P is for paper thin as far as I have been able to tell. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any of these Bosphorus models designated with the term “power crash” although I admit I don’t pay attention to the Gold series which is supposed to be more rock oriented.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one I got a few months ago came in as a paper thing. Was hoping for something thicker. This was the listing on amazon when I got it:
Bosphorus Cymbals A17CP 17-Inch Antique Series Crash Cymbal

jkuhl

Reaction score
Bosphorus 13” Antique crash for $67!

17” Antique crash is $130, still a great price

Just grabbed the last one (17"). This is the smallest cymbal (other than my splash) that I've gotten in a long time. I've had Istanbul Mehmet Sultan crashes which are the same lathed/unlathed type and even the paper thins seemed a little chunkier. Hopefully this one is super thin and opens up easily. For a buck thirty, I'll roll the dice.

Last edited:

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice deal and I would have probably rather had this, than the 17" antique I just bought for 10 bucks less.

I saw that too. Out of stock though. I have yet to have the patience to order and wait when I see one of these deals.

jkuhl

Reaction score
I saw that too. Out of stock though. I have yet to have the patience to order and wait when I see one of these deals.
If you like dry punchy cymbals, that thing is probably really great. Aside from the Agop sigs, I've had the best luck (for my taste) with the Turk style cymbals or maybe just the wire brushed tops like the some of the Origin Dark series by Mehmet. Either way usually unlathed, extra light and flexy.I'm tempted to just buy this one at 140 and be pleasantly surprised when it arrives in July hahaha.

......and I got the Bos ozone too. Steal at 140

Last edited:

Furious Styles

Reaction score
I definitely misremembered the power crash thing lol. I had a 17" paper thin antique once that was exactly that: paper-thin. Too thin for me.

Snooter

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aurora ,Indiana (south west from Cinci Oh)