Amazon deals thread

Furious Styles

Reaction score
Why didn't someone buy the Bos Turk 14" dark hats for $211? I don't really need another set of dark hats...

Bos Antique 18" thin crash for $143 still available.
Turk hats sounded very similar to my Antique dark hats. Wish the Samba line would drop, love the sound of the 18" crash.

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm a little confused by some of the pricing algorithms. I thought the prices always cranked down slowly and linearly. After buying the 18" thin Antique mentioned a few posts up for $143, I checked back several days combing through Bosphorus cymbals up to about $225. Two days ago a 17" Antique paper thin popped up at $140. It wasn't there the previous days. Perhaps that was the initial listing and had nothing to do with the price reduction algorithms. At any rate, I wanted to try a paper thin and bought it.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused by some of the pricing algorithms. I thought the prices always cranked down slowly and linearly. After buying the 18" thin Antique mentioned a few posts up for $143, I checked back several days combing through Bosphorus cymbals up to about $225. Two days ago a 17" Antique paper thin popped up at $140. It wasn't there the previous days. Perhaps that was the initial listing and had nothing to do with the price reduction algorithms. At any rate, I wanted to try a paper thin and bought it.
There really is no rhyme or reason I can see. I’ve seen some cymbals take big price swings and you always run the risk of waiting too long if there is one you’re considering buying. I’ve also got a couple on my “save for later” list that say there’s only one in stock but their price hasn’t come down from normal.

bonefamily

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I always had a hunch that the lower prices we see could possibly be customer returns. Nothing wrong with the cymbals, just returned in as new condition. Again, just a hunch I have and could be completely wrong.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always had a hunch that the lower prices we see could possibly be customer returns. Nothing wrong with the cymbals, just returned in as new condition. Again, just a hunch I have and could be completely wrong.
I think you're right. Given the fingerprints one one that I ordered, I have to assume it was.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you're right. Given the fingerprints one one that I ordered, I have to assume it was.
I think many times the returns go right to Amazon Warehouse. Sometimes they're higher priced there than they were originally.
There are also sellers on ebay that list "new, open box" stuff, including cymbals for a higher price than they are in Amazon Warehouse, and if they get a sale they just have the item drop shipped. Everyone's got an angle...

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
When I bought all my hard cases it was ridiculous. For instance I bought a Humes and Berg Endura 20" shallow bass drum case for $50 with free shipping. You could see the odd sizes go down week by week. An 18 x18 H&B was perfect for another bass drum. Most of my cases were in the $30's. That's where I got the idea that this general incremental price reduction was the way it worked.

Last edited:

Furious Styles

Reaction score
Some nice Bos deals after a quick review this morning:

Antique 17" med/thin $161
Traditional 18" thin $148
Turk 16" hats $257
Master Vintage 20" ride $250

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Given the speculation about whether low cost Bosphorus are returns, I'd like to weigh in that I know my $143 18" Trad was new, not just because it appeared brand new, but because it was in the box in which it had shipped from Turkey.
Same with my 14" Turk hats. I thought that was interesting, because it was the first time I've ever seen that, much less actually well packed.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I have gotten some that way also. My 19" Trad crash came in the original box from Turkey just recently.

jkuhl

Reaction score
Nice deal and I would have probably rather had this, than the 17" antique I just bought for 10 bucks less.

This cymbal arrived last Friday the 21st, much sooner than the original, late June early July date that was originally suggested. Sounds great too!

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought like 14 Mehmet's, 2 UFIP's and a few Soultone's about 2 years ago. All were at fire sale prices! None was used. No fingerprints, factory bags etc.. As to the algorithm, only Amazon will understand it. I've even discovered (sometimes) that if I browse an item repeatedly over the course of several days, the price mysteriously drops dramatically. They know you're looking at it and they're gonna make you buy it at a crazy discounted price. Last year I bought some Direct drive double pedals. They were (and still are) selling for $465. I browsed them for about a week and suddenly the price dropped to $331. As soon as I bought it, the price jumped back up to it's normal price. It's a numbers game for shareholders and not always about profit. All I can say is, take advantage of it!

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Are all these Bos Pies folks buying coming from Istanbul, or some Amazon warehouse? Not that it matters, just wondering, who the seller is and how are they making money...and with free shipping thrown in.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are all these Bos Pies folks buying coming from Istanbul, or some Amazon warehouse? Not that it matters, just wondering, who the seller is and how are they making money...and with free shipping thrown in.
They are all coming from an Amazon warehouse. It's hard to know how they got there, but at least some of us have packaging that indicates a direct shipment from Turkey to Amazon.

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They are all coming from an Amazon warehouse. It's hard to know how they got there, but at least some of us have packaging that indicates a direct shipment from Turkey to Amazon.
I just gave Amazon a look.
Sounds Anatolian (Big online seller via their website and Reverb, plus ebay under Georgianqueen). I just checked some of the listings on Amazon. Perhaps they ship direct to Amazon.

I have purchased several Bos/Masterwork/Mehmets via them. They are 100% reliable, IMO. Ships from Istanbul into my hands In Atlanta within 4 days. Looking at some of the Amazon Bos prices, as 'cheap' as they are, you could get better if you buy from their Reverb site. The Amazon prices are similar to their 'make an offer' Reverb prices. They accept offers and never turned me down on everything I had purchased...just FYI for everyone

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at some of the Amazon Bos prices, as 'cheap' as they are, you could get better if you buy from their Reverb site. The Amazon prices are similar to their 'make an offer' Reverb prices. They accept offers and never turned me down on everything I had purchased...just FYI for everyone
That's applicable only if you compare the Sounds Anatolian prices to Amazon's normal pricing! Most everyone that visits this thread is looking for the "fire sale" prices that Amazon frequently lists. Even making an offer to Sounds Anatolian through Reverb will never match Amazon's fire sale pricing.
You might know already how it works but I'll explain it anyways (for everyone's reference):

This is just a generic example:
Amazon will have 1 particular cymbal left in stock (at the fire sale price). It might normally sell directly from Amazon for $350 and Sounds Anatolian might have it normally listed at $400 (on Amazon). But since Amazon only shows one left (at the fire price), they will "fire sell" it for $200. Sounds Anatolian might match (through Reverb) the normal Amazon price of $350 (or might do slightly better) but they can never drop down to Amazon's $200 "fire sale" price.
LRod

Last edited:

Radio King

DFO Master
Reaction score
Keep in mind also that when stock of a drum-related item is depleted to "Only 1 left in stock - order soon" status, Amazon will often start dropping the price of the item(s) approx 5% every 24 hours or so. Eventually (if no one has purchased it), you will see prices fall dramatically: a $400 cymbal might sell for $100 or less; an $1800 drum set might drop to $400. It's a waiting game - grab it when you see it, or take a gamble that it'll go even lower. We've all seen a deal fall through because we waited too long. We've also gotten some incredible deals, thanks to the head's up from forum members.

I really wish they were still doing the "Call to Save" option. I used to get an additional 10-20% off the already discounted cymbals.

Picture1.jpg

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have only had one set of cymbals from Amazon arrive to me used. Its really unfortunate as they were very nice cymbals but the ride had a big 'ole bend on the edge from a drop. If it wasnt damaged, I would have kept them despite the "used" status. Every other cymbal I have bought has been brand new. One even shipped to me directly from Sabian.