Amazon deals thread

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it hurt their sales a lot when the relationship with Stanton Moore and Jeff Hamilton was severed. The way they described it, Bosphorus just couldn't keep their import partnership supplied in a timely manner. And the biggest name they have left endorsing is Ari Hoenig. It's a shame for the company because they sound so nice. I think it's just the nature of slow sales and Amazon blowing it out of their warehouse at somewhere near cost. I think if they had faster sales these deals would never happen.
It's possible. But I know there are a good number of fans of their cymbals represented here on DFO. It's not a very large sample size compared to all drummers, but gives me the idea that they aren't in danger of failing either. Hopefully they will gain market share and continue making great cymbals for a long time to come. By then, the prices will go up and all these great deals will be even better in hindsight!

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score

Rock Salad

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

These are dark (light weight.) Man! I kind of want to try these and put my heavier ones in a return :angel12:
I picked up a pair of heavy new beats on Reverb and ugh.. learning moment. Sold them off and sticking to my quick beats.

Next venture down that road I'm looking at weights and thinking thin.

Not sure about Bosphorus, never played them but it seems like they're deal worthy along with the entire catalogue of stuff and I'm looking. If you wind up with a set post a review please.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I miss those real crazy Amazon deals... Soultones, Istanbuls and Bosphorus for $100 or so...My home set has a set of Soultone Turk syle 15" hats, an 18" Mehmet X-cast and a 22 thin Mehmet Empire with rivets and all were under $120.
Remember when a loaf of bread was a nickel?

PS...the other cymbals on my home set are a Wuhan 18" Linear Smash and a 20" Wuhan Koi Conical China Dark, both from drummingdeals at $69 each.

Love deals...

Radio King

DFO Master
Reaction score
Man, I miss those real crazy Amazon deals... Soultones, Istanbuls and Bosphorus for $100 or so...
I miss them, too. Also Anatolian cymbals (Baris and Ultimate series): I have almost 2 full sets of those in addition to the others mentioned. Like you said, most for $125 or less.

daveplaydrum

Reaction score
Bosphorus Cymbals T17C18H 17-Inch Traditional Series Fx Crash Cymbal https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JBH8E8I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_YA3KC5EQMBG1TNQS4DEX

Okay so long winded but here it goes...there were 3 in stock and listed at $121. By the time I went to buy it someone had bought one and it was $147 and 2 in stock. I waited a day and it went back to $121 so I bought one and now it’s at $181. If you wanna keep an eye on it I will bet this goes back down to $121 soon. Or maybe not, I don’t know

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here's a nice Gibraltar piccolo snare strainer which sells for $22 but is usually available for $7.50

My review:

5/8" hole spacing, NOT 1"
Reviewed in the United States on July 17, 2021
Verified Purchase
Great deal on a very nice snare strainer because the hole spacing is 5/8", not 1" as stated. Therefore people buy these and then return them because they don't fit the snare drum they bought it for. Then those of us who do not need a particular spacing get a great deal on returned products.

Strainer

My review may have had an effect because there is only one return for $7.41 now.