Amazon deals thread

Tornado

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've noticed that on normal "in stock" items, Sweetwater is quickly pricing items to match Amazon's.
An interesting twist... I know someone who ordered a Roland piano bench through Amazon last week. It was actually shipped directly from Sweetwater in a Sweetwater box. I didn't ask if he got his candy.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
An interesting twist... I know someone who ordered a Roland piano bench through Amazon last week. It was actually shipped directly from Sweetwater in a Sweetwater box. I didn't ask if he got his candy.
I know someone that sold on Amazon as a retailer and would find stuff from other non Amazon retailers, list and mark them up and just order and ship them directly to the unsuspecting Amazon purchaser.

Tornado

DFO Master
Reaction score
I know someone that sold on Amazon as a retailer and would find stuff from other non Amazon retailers, list and mark them up and just order and ship them directly to the unsuspecting Amazon purchaser.
This wasn't marked up though. Exact same price. He normally would have just ordered it from Sweetwater, but they were giving him a hassle about using his tax ID for some reason, and Amazon didn't.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This wasn't marked up though. Exact same price. He normally would have just ordered it from Sweetwater, but they were giving him a hassle about using his tax ID for some reason, and Amazon didn't.
ok

Sweetwater also, generally, marks down bigger ticket items if you negotiate with the sales rep. Outside of stuff like lugs or heads they've always given me a discount off the list price, 10 or 15% or something like that.

Tornado

DFO Master
Reaction score
ok

Sweetwater also, generally, marks down bigger ticket items if you negotiate with the sales rep. Outside of stuff like lugs or heads they've always given me a discount off the list price, 10 or 15% or something like that.

True, but I really doubt your rep is going to let you negotiate down and order in someone else's name.

My guess is that in this case, Roland got the order from their Amazon "store", however that works, and just forwarded it to Sweetwater.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's possible that he bought it through Amazon but Sweetwater was the seller. Same thing on eBay, Sweetwater and Musicians Friend are also sellers through there.

dboomer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Good one. I've only heard it used with equities, financial instruments and currencies.

RBagg454

Reaction score
Just bought a Bosphorus 18" New Orleans flat ride for $128 + free shipping. They have another for $124 and free shipping. Been curious about these. Can't wait to get it. I also saw a New Orleans crash for under $140....
Screenshot_20210813-221628_Amazon Shopping.jpg

larold

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
These big Soultones are getting scarce on amazon, but here's a 26" Natural crash used for $181.53. It may be one I bought from them a few months ago. If so, it's about 3000 grams and a very nice cymbal, just too similar to my 24" Mehmet Origin Dark (which I love):

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bosphorus Turk Series 21" ride, $197.84
Retail price on these is about $334!

Note:
This one is sold by Amazon Warehouse as "used'.
The description says that it's in it's original packaging but the packaging
is damaged. Many times these are hidden gems because you might be getting
a "new" cymbal but they can't list it as "new".

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just bought a Bosphorus 18" New Orleans flat ride for $128 + free shipping. They have another for $124 and free shipping. Been curious about these. Can't wait to get it. I also saw a New Orleans crash for under $140.... View attachment 512695
I got that one, arrives today. My 11th Bosphorus and 3rd flat ride in two months. The first ten were outstanding.

I've been selling off cymbals and I pulled my New Orleans 17" crash out to demonstrate it... kept thinking, "damn that sounds good"... next thing I know I bought the flat ride.

RBagg454

Reaction score
Bosphorus Turk Series 21" ride, $197.84
Retail price on these is about $334!

Note:
This one is sold by Amazon Warehouse as "used'.
The description says that it's in it's original packaging but the packaging
is damaged. Many times these are hidden gems because you might be getting
a "new" cymbal but they can't list it as "new".

Wish I had more money...

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
New Orleans flat ride arrived. Perfect condition despite being naked in a big shipping box. No weight notation but it is thin. Very nice dry ping with overtones, not as gorgeous as the Turk 2060 gram 19" flat or as complex and wobbly as the Antique 1800 gram flat. It doesn't make the starting lineup but I think I'll hang onto it until the right application appears. For $124(plus tax) it feels like money in the bank, that I can draw back out any time I want to in the future.

RBagg454

Reaction score
New Orleans flat ride arrived. Perfect condition despite being naked in a big shipping box. No weight notation but it is thin. Very nice dry ping with overtones, not as gorgeous as the Turk 2060 gram 19" flat or as complex and wobbly as the Antique 1800 gram flat. It doesn't make the starting lineup but I think I'll hang onto it until the right application appears. For $124(plus tax) it feels like money in the bank, that I can draw back out any time I want to in the future.
Should be getting mine tomorrow. Can't wait to test it out...

slow larry

Reaction score
Bos 20'' Trad Ride, thin. 237 new.

Bos 14'' Antique hats, 200 used.