Amazon deals thread

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
that’s what I learned in my brief 5 min. of research last night deciding if I should buy.
It looks like this may be one cymbal of a set of crash cymbals for an orchestral or marching band.

I cant imagine how built someone has to be to march around an arena carrying (2) 22" Heavy crash cymbals. They probably weigh 4000g each.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like it’s got some slight damage and is a returned product. Buyer beware.
Looks like someone snagged it. I have found most of the Amazon returns come in nice shape, and if it truly is damaged they can always return for free.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a Protec multi-tom bag with wheels and it impressed me enough to get the cymbal bag. Currently have the 6.5x14 snare bag on the way as well. I plan to get a few more snare bags but I can wait for Black Friday or some kind of sale.

Redfern

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don’t see where it’s noted as damaged.
The listing, when it was up, noted that it was a returned item with slight damage to a corner? of the bag. Obviously no pics of damage but if there’s a notation of damage, I’m always wary.

owr

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm late to the party here, and not really up for reading all 172 pages of this thread... If one of you pros at this can answer a couple questions I'd be grateful:

1) Got my eye one a very discounted cymbal on Amazon, but listed as out of stock. Still seems like I can pay and get committed to it and not in a huge rush to get it. You guys go down this route or is this a bad idea? Does stock tend to get refreshed quick enough or might I end up waiting months and months?

2) Seems Ive read that some folks dont end up getting the exact cymbal advertised? How often does this happen? Atypical or part of the fun of rolling the dice?

Thanks!

- Edit - Looks like I found some answers to (1) just one page back from others going through a similar deal. Id still be curious to hear folks experiences beyond that.

1988fxlr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So I'm late to the party here, and not really up for reading all 172 pages of this thread... If one of you pros at this can answer a couple questions I'd be grateful:

1) Got my eye one a very discounted cymbal on Amazon, but listed as out of stock. Still seems like I can pay and get committed to it and not in a huge rush to get it. You guys go down this route or is this a bad idea? Does stock tend to get refreshed quick enough or might I end up waiting months and months?

2) Seems Ive read that some folks dont end up getting the exact cymbal advertised? How often does this happen? Atypical or part of the fun of rolling the dice?

Thanks!
Im sure other people have a lot more experience with this but I’ve only done it once. In august I ordered an 18” Bosphorus traditional flat ride listed for $154 and received a message it was out of stock and that I could cancel my order or leave it til it was back in stock. I left the order in and didn’t hear anything about it until last week when I was emailed that it would be coming this thursday. Then on thursday I went to check the shipping status and couldn’t find any record of my order on amazon. I checked my email and found one saying amazon cancelled the order. I’m not out any money but it was a bit of a let down and annoyance.

afwdrums

Reaction score

about 3 months ago I ordered some out of stock Bosphorus hats, it took about 2 months but I got my order, and it was correct...if you're not in a hurry then it's worth a shot for sure, it's probably free shipping returns if you don't like it (and then it just ends up back on Amazon even cheaper as "used")

Reactions: owr